Motivate me to work on my car!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get the surgery. Fix that labrum
I actually just had my follow up with my ortho dr this week and happy to say it feels much much better since I saw him last and of course had the mri. He had some students with him that day that he brought in with him since they do not see people with EDS all that often. While explaining that my ligaments do not do so well at holding the socket in the joint they way they are supposed to and wanted to test how weak the joint was. He had me lay down and relax my arm while he held it up and then gently pulled out by my armpit to find that with very little pressure he could pop the socket out of the joint, and then he was able to put it back in. I can't say it was a happy feeling but it wasn't horribly uncomfortable. He tried the other side and it was the same way and I think he said it was a 2 out of 5 on some scale of how easy it is to dislocate. Even just later that day it felt better, the next day was much much better and a week later I realized I gained back some of my range of motion I had lost. I am pretty sure I had been walking around with it out of the joint just enough to be annoying till he put it back in. He said that if I was still complaining of pain he would recommend a shot and some physical therapy but if I didn't need it he gave me some exercises to do to help it and said if I wake up with it out of the joint they have a walk in clinic that could put it back in. It still reminds me from time to time that it is injured but I am pretty much back to full duty now.

Snorky

Reaction score
I actually just had my follow up with my ortho dr this week and happy to say it feels much much better since I saw him last and of course had the mri. He had some students with him that day that he brought in with him since they do not see people with EDS all that often. While explaining that my ligaments do not do so well at holding the socket in the joint they way they are supposed to and wanted to test how weak the joint was. He had me lay down and relax my arm while he held it up and then gently pulled out by my armpit to find that with very little pressure he could pop the socket out of the joint, and then he was able to put it back in. I can't say it was a happy feeling but it wasn't horribly uncomfortable. He tried the other side and it was the same way and I think he said it was a 2 out of 5 on some scale of how easy it is to dislocate. Even just later that day it felt better, the next day was much much better and a week later I realized I gained back some of my range of motion I had lost. I am pretty sure I had been walking around with it out of the joint just enough to be annoying till he put it back in. He said that if I was still complaining of pain he would recommend a shot and some physical therapy but if I didn't need it he gave me some exercises to do to help it and said if I wake up with it out of the joint they have a walk in clinic that could put it back in. It still reminds me from time to time that it is injured but I am pretty much back to full duty now.
That subluxation is real, when they out your arm up like that and you feel terrified like it's 2 seconds away from slipping out and the slides back in easily. I didn't fix mine for years and it would go out. And back in when I would do athletics or even working with my hands over the head. I ate shit skateboarding and it came out for like 7 minutes. Was in agony and it hurt for months after, that feeling of wanting to yack ill never forget lol when the ball of your shoulder is down at the bottom of your armpit.. That was the nail in the coffin, had the surgery 2 years ago and hasnt come out since. I think I remember them saying it was like 66% torn. 95% range of motion returned. Crazy how your ligaments are loose like a goose from the factory. Hope it all works out for you, I just remember that being a terrible experience and hope the best for you with it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That subluxation is real, when they out your arm up like that and you feel terrified like it's 2 seconds away from slipping out and the slides back in easily. I didn't fix mine for years and it would go out. And back in when I would do athletics or even working with my hands over the head. I ate shit skateboarding and it came out for like 7 minutes. Was in agony and it hurt for months after, that feeling of wanting to yack ill never forget lol when the ball of your shoulder is down at the bottom of your armpit.. That was the nail in the coffin, had the surgery 2 years ago and hasnt come out since. I think I remember them saying it was like 66% torn. 95% range of motion returned. Crazy how your ligaments are loose like a goose from the factory. Hope it all works out for you, I just remember that being a terrible experience and hope the best for you with it.
my body lacks collagen which is a protein that acts like a glue to hold everything together and limit movement. Now yesterday morning I subluxed my shoulder again getting out of bed and I would have gone to the walk in clinic to get them to reset it, but my stomach would not let me out of the house. Of course today they are closed for the holiday so I am taking it easy in my sling for the time being. I am actually really lucky with how the EDS condition effects me. I have read/seen people that are in wheelchairs from it or have to wear these crazy suits made of nylon straps that wrap around them to keep the joints in place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexM

Members online

No members online now.