Motivate me to work on my car!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get the surgery. Fix that labrum
I actually just had my follow up with my ortho dr this week and happy to say it feels much much better since I saw him last and of course had the mri. He had some students with him that day that he brought in with him since they do not see people with EDS all that often. While explaining that my ligaments do not do so well at holding the socket in the joint they way they are supposed to and wanted to test how weak the joint was. He had me lay down and relax my arm while he held it up and then gently pulled out by my armpit to find that with very little pressure he could pop the socket out of the joint, and then he was able to put it back in. I can't say it was a happy feeling but it wasn't horribly uncomfortable. He tried the other side and it was the same way and I think he said it was a 2 out of 5 on some scale of how easy it is to dislocate. Even just later that day it felt better, the next day was much much better and a week later I realized I gained back some of my range of motion I had lost. I am pretty sure I had been walking around with it out of the joint just enough to be annoying till he put it back in. He said that if I was still complaining of pain he would recommend a shot and some physical therapy but if I didn't need it he gave me some exercises to do to help it and said if I wake up with it out of the joint they have a walk in clinic that could put it back in. It still reminds me from time to time that it is injured but I am pretty much back to full duty now.