New radiator and fan suggestions

Kevfre99

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanting to get suggestions for a new radiator and fan for my 97 Cobra SVT. This car is going to be a daily driver so I want something that will last awhile. Thanks

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I haven't had Mishimoto, but I've had Fluidyne and Ron Davis. Both are way bigger than stock, Ron Davis radiator is a beast! Not only does it have largest core available, but the fin count per inch is also higher than any other aftermarket radiator I've seen. Higher fin count means that you have more area to dissipate the heat. It's not cheap though, for street driven application might be overkill.

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
I agree. The factory fan flows plenty of air to cool my 600+HP engine. I had a custom 3" Griffin radiator that started leaking after only a few years. It was not repairable so I ended up buying a custom Ron Davis 3" core radiator (~$2,500, OUCH!). I had them make it with an extra 1/4" female pipe thread fitting in the passenger side tank so I could add a sacrificial anode (for a custom radiator I would recommend doing the same). Be aware that thick cores with more fins/inch resist air flow to a much greater extent, so it's important to seal up the gaps between the radiator and the shroud.
The factory fan shroud on the '95 Cobra Rs had holes cut in them to allow for more air flow through the radiator at high speeds. When I added the Griffin radiator I found that the fan was drawing air in through the holes and back out through the fan. I fabricated some rubber flaps to cover and seal the holes while the car was stationary but allow air to flow through those holes at high speed. They work great, but I doubt that any stock Mustang would have those holes.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I run a Champion radiator with Mishi brackets.
My builder told me he never had any luck with Mishi radiators

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Had my Mishi with the floating core support brackets for over 7 years, not a single leak.
+1 on the Mishimoto setup with their 19lb cap and Prestone pre-mixed with Water Wetter and stock fan. Run 190*-210* consistently . Over 2 years without issue.

Been wondering if their is a better coolant I could run(?)