Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So your spending $342 to save $12 per oil change which should finally net you a return on your 29th oil change or in 145,000 miles if you change every 5,000 miles. What am I missing?
The idea of no more dry starts is what sold it for me.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
New party pulley . Car doesn’t make the boost I want in the mountains . Should make 15psi now instead of 11 psi . I’ll probably just run it at the lower elevation tracks as well seasons almost over . Also ordered some 31 spline Yukon axles and new spider gears for my explorer carrier for my budget rebuild . View attachment 36715
Those Griptec pulleys are the truth! I've been running them for years. They do a great job.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Those Griptec pulleys are the truth! I've been running them for years. They do a great job.

Yea they’re awesome , I’ve gotta 3.80 , 3.50 and 3.20 now . Good variety of pulleys . I really wish I would have used these on my previous blower cars in the past .

07GtS197

Reaction score
I made another dumb purchase. I’ve been unhappy with my 03 gt, it needs more work than I really want to put into it. I like the 02-04 gt’s because of the changes ford made. And I really wanted another black gt. I ended up finding a black 2000 gt, which is exactly what I had when I was 17. The front seats are hard as a rock and the paint is crap but it runs great, shifts great and doesn’t need anything mechanical. It has a little over 105k miles on it too. The downside is that it has a rebuilt title. I knew this going into it and I don’t plan on selling it so I could care less. It was supposedly stolen at one point and that’s why it was totaled but I don’t believe that. Regardless, it needs only cosmetic stuff.
IMG_0455.jpegIMG_0456.jpegIMG_0458.jpegIMG_0457.jpeg

IMG_0467.jpeg

I do still have the 03 but it’ll be going up for sale here soon.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No purchase yet. Gonna hit the salvage yard and see if this Convertible is still there with all those parts on it. Saleen wheels, wing, side skirts and splitter. Been there a little while.

The splitter and side skirts definitely aren't salvageable. Cracks everywhere and that wing is just a stock 99-00 wing not saleen. The wheels seem ok from the picture but given the damage where the wheel well meets the side skirt I would definitely give them a very thorough inspection. Make sure you check the inside of each wheel because judging by the rest of the damage that took a pretty aggressive hit to the bottom side of that car.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bronco,
I gotta agree with new edge. That front splitter is not worth the hassle to repair versus replacing with something else. Rear spoiler is nothing special, but if you like it and it’s “done dirt cheap”, go for it.
The side skirts & especially the wheels… oh hell yes! But along with what new edge said about checking out the inside of the wheels, do the same examination on the underside and connecting points on the side skirts.

Looks like you’re on to something good tho. Please keep us posted! Cheers!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
S281 flush mount rear spoiler just arrived. Looks good. Just one minor blemish that looks like it can be buffed out of existence! Foam securely and accurately placed. The 4 rather chunky heads on the screws seem like they might not bury flush enough. I’m sure I’m wrong but test fit will be the tell.

Well, the test fit was a nightmare. None of the original holes line up in a way to make the spoiler set and align correctly. Even tried to remove the trunk lid to work on it on the bench, but couldn’t get the double-thick wire loom pulled through. Got too frustrated and pissed off, so tomorrow all the wiring gets buttoned back up and I’ll just work on it on the car. Fuggit. There will be visible holes to fill unless I put the original back on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2688.jpeg
    IMG_2688.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that sucks. They either drop right in and fit nice or they don't and you can either hope they exchange it or that you can make it work.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I got black mirror caps for the 15 to swap out with the red ones. Looks so much better. Next up is the chin spoiler. The red accents the po did to this car make me think clown car every time I see it. I also swapped out the decklid panel for a blank one but I forgot to take a pic.
IMG_0477.jpegIMG_0478.jpeg