Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have been doing really well in the stock market the past 2 years and decided it was time to take some profits out. It has been going up for too long, and selling it 3 weeks ago after the way this week went I might have just timed it right. When I make a good trade I have started to enjoy it a little bit and I like to use some of it to buy something both tangible that will remind me of it as well as will go up in value. I am not a huge jewelry wearer or owner but I do wear some. This time I decided to go with 18k white gold with a chain and bracelet and then a pendant. The scorpion pendant isn't really my style but after spending 10 years in the desert with them I always thought they were amazing cool insects so I got it.
View attachment 36652
The fruits of your labor are yours to do with as you please…Enjoy and wear them in good health!

GTamas

Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear the video he’s gonna post (hint, hint!);-)
Got them installed today. They sound great! Tame at idle and cruise, no drone. Nice tone at WOT, loud but not too loud. I like them! :) I will try to make a startup and rev video tomorrow with comparison to the previous mufflers. I have to wait till the weekend for my buddies to help me to make a drive-by video, but sure I will post them. :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't notice much of a difference when I swapped mine out. It is one of those things that with your wallet now being lighter you can kind of convince yourself that it is faster to justify it but it isn't going to be an amazing change

TTSaleen

Reaction score
TT,
I’ve considered same. What changes/gains did you notice?
I did the 6R80 conversion in my 2003 Mach1.
I used the Dorman steel shaft because it was cheaper ($430). However it had a bad vibration between 35 and 45mph. I bought and installed the Ford racing aluminum one for $698 and vibration completely gone now. Fit like a glove once I switched out the rear adapter to match my Cobra IRS larger flange on the 8.8 rear.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
New party pulley . Car doesn’t make the boost I want in the mountains . Should make 15psi now instead of 11 psi . I’ll probably just run it at the lower elevation tracks as well seasons almost over . Also ordered some 31 spline Yukon axles and new spider gears for my explorer carrier for my budget rebuild . IMG_1089.jpeg

Last edited:

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Latest purchase & attempt at dialing in accuracy without the damn scope…

Picked this up this morning. Pretty sure my gardener stole my old one. No big deal, had it years and years but in its last hurrah I popped 7 squirrels with it then forgetfully left it out back.

New ones record: 1 shot; 1 kill

EDIT: 2 for 2. The cocky little bastard that ran by while I was posting made the mistake of coming back. With 10 acres of orchard we have a problem that I let go on for too long. Sorry lil’ fellers, but you’re just too damn destructive

View from my front porch and “the killing fields”!

Attachments

• IMG_2602.jpeg
    IMG_2602.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GTamas

Reaction score
Which setup did you decide on??
The Dynomax, very satisfied with it. It has a close to stock tone and volume on idle, a little bit louder during cruise and powerful at hard acceleration. No noticeable drone.

I will try to do a driveby and a launch video someday.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where’s the luck?! Right as I was posting the pic looking out from my porch, a big f’g Red Tail Hawk swooped down in the brown (dead weeds) area across the street, nabbed a mouse and took off. Pretty cool to see Mother Nature in action though.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cha-Ching $$$ :-o if the FL-1A have been doing good, why spend 10x more for the Canton? Curious…

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
One of these should be showing up today. 8 dollar filter changes going forward instead of 20 plus for the dumb ecoboost cartridges
1000004146.jpg

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
One of these should be showing up today. 8 dollar filter changes going forward instead of 20 plus for the dumb ecoboost cartridges
View attachment 36890
So your spending $342 to save $12 per oil change which should finally net you a return on your 29th oil change or in 145,000 miles if you change every 5,000 miles. What am I missing?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
What makes you say that?
Nothing wrong with the Motocrafts per se, but the Canton flows better, traps more crap, and looks cooler, and is easily inspectable (don't have to keep cutting filter casings open).
Cha-Ching $$$ :-o if the FL-1A have been doing good, why spend 10x more for the Canton? Curious…
The initial buy in is just for the spin-on housing, but the replaceable filter elements cost just about the same as the big FL-1A filters but they're better performing in every way (see above).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal28950