Saleen S281 rear spoiler

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Does this sit flush on top of the trunk lid or is there a gap? Anyone with this on their ‘94-‘98? Pics if possible…Pkease & Thanks!

badass98svt

Reaction score
Flush. I have a shit load of pics, but not any close-ups.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks both of you… and to ttocs as well (via PM). Now must find a good deal…

badass98svt

Reaction score
Thanks both of you… and to ttocs as well (via PM). Now must find a good deal…

I've found 2 used ones for sale over the last year or so (locally). Paid $50 for each. The one that is actually on my car has been on there for about 20 years. It's a Kaenan brand. I'd suggest seeking out a Kaenan. Some of the aftermarket ones look "flat" when viewed from the back of the car. Some also appear flat when viewed from the side as well.
The original Saleens are known to have fitment issues. So if stay clear of those as well.

I gave one of my extras to my niece. She has a 94 vert. Now that I've seen it on her car, the spoiler looks flat, and no arch to it when viewed from the back.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I found these really old pics of my car circa 2004! They show off the fitment very well, hopefully this helps. Again, this is a Kaenan. Notice the gradual curve that follows the curve of the trunk? Also the tight fitment between the spoiler and the rear quarter of the car. CobraSpacers.JPG

s2812.JPGs2811.JPGs2815.JPGs2813.JPGs2814.JPG

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I found these really old pics of my car circa 2004! They show off the fitment very well, hopefully this helps. Again, this is a Kaenan. Notice the gradual curve that follows the curve of the trunk? Also the tight fitment between the spoiler and the rear quarter of the car. View attachment 36798

View attachment 36799View attachment 36800View attachment 36801View attachment 36803View attachment 36802
That’s freaking noice! Big time. Definitely appreciate the curvature matching the trunks. Thanks for digging those up and posting.

Not sure Kaenen still makes em.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whittled it down to this on carID:
$170 in primer; $304 painted UA black.
Probably couldn’t beat the cost upgrade of $134 to paint locally and it would be nice to have it arrive painted and ready to install. But, I will still call Kaenen on Monday though I’m not sure they’re even open anymore (?)
IMG_2593.png

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one from Kaenen earlier this year. Just ordered through their Facebook page.
Do you recall how much you paid, all in? Do they paint?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get the pics ya requested as I have not been feeling so hot the past few days and hardly made it down stairs. As they showed there should be little to no gap between the trunk lid and the wing, and on the edges maybe 1/8" of space over the fenders. I have seen some that either the mold had a twist in it(where every wing after it will too) or it might have been stored standing up and somehow over time got a slight twist in it and then there are gaps.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you would be better off going to your local place and getting it painted there for color match reason. Ya think black is black is black but you would be amazed how different it can look when it is just slightly off. Consider getting your mirrors done at the same time, it isn't really much more materials/time and I like the look better myself.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good call. My passenger side mirror has a piece (ie, a layer) missing:-(
you would be better off going to your local place and getting it painted there for color match reason. Ya think black is black is black but you would be amazed how different it can look when it is just slightly off. Consider getting your mirrors done at the same time, it isn't really much more materials/time and I like the look better myself.
I checked the ID sticker on the door jamb and it says the Paint Code is UA, which is one of the 3 versions of “black”: black, black and Ebony

Last edited: