Stand alone ECU Amp'd microsquirt

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Looking around on the social sites and stumbled across a few guys claiming they made the switch from the old 94-95 ecu and old engine wiring harness in favor for the $350 Amp'd microsquirt system. I looked over the specs. Not really knowing what im reading, but I bet some of you here can vouch if this system is indeed a good upgrade for our aging mustangs.

A few others stated using the same system on other engine platforms, 4cyl and v8's, including motorcycles and such.

I thought I would share this and get some feedback from the more knowledged.

Would this system be a good upgrade for the 94-95 5.0l mustangs and the 96-2004 4.6l mustangs?

highplace11

Reaction score
Don't EVER let anyone discourage you to do upgrades like the MEGASQUIRT if Mustangs are your passion.. If it is your DD I'd be careful as others suggested BUT usually that isn't the case, what's your exact setup and why do you want to get it is the question... ALOT goes along with the upgrade BUT with MEGASQUIRT tuning IS NOT a huge concern if you are willing to either learn or pay someone to do it...

We as Mustang builders and with passion for our cars are pounded on by KNOW IT ALLS, and LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING... They learned at some point, and obviously had issues at others just like the rest of us did... It costs money, LOTS of details, do you want to get into that?!?... That is what people should be asking you my friend and brother...

1love,

highplace11

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I have a MS3 PNP in a box waiting to install on my Fox, and built myself an MS3X box a couple years ago. I have a little familiarity with it, but not enough to tune other cars. I'm hoping to do the install this winter.

I do know a tuner who can do remote if you need one.