Starting and Idle issues

YesA2Valve

Reaction score
My car will start then kill itself for the first couple tries and around the third or fourth it will crank up but the idle will surge. I also have hardly any pedal response after it cranks up after a cold start but then it will be fine after it warms up. Im assuming that the surging is from a vacuum leak which i will check for, but could there be a fuel issue too?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Try adjusting the idle on the throttle body
See if that helps
Keep count of the turns turning clock wise
Incase you need to put it back
But I think you to low idle

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you make any changes on the car recently or did it just start having issues? If it just started having issues then I would not touch the throttle stop as it did not just suddenly change for no reason. If you have made some changes to the motor recently it could be dealing with that and I would start there.

OP
OP
Y

YesA2Valve

Reaction score
Try adjusting the idle on the throttle body
See if that helps
Keep count of the turns turning clock wise
Incase you need to put it back
But I think you to low idle
I adjust it a bit and now it’s idling fine still doesn’t start first crank

OP
OP
Y

YesA2Valve

Reaction score
The starting problem started a while back and I changed the fuel filter like 3 months ago. After that I changed the ignition module after that went out. The most recent thing I did was the iac so now idles fine but won’t cranks on first try

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
is the check engine light on? Have you tried to pull any codes? IF ya have tried you might have discovered the obd2 port does nothing on the gt's

OP
OP
Y

YesA2Valve

Reaction score
Cap a rotor today, spark plugs couple months ago. I changed my base idle and it will crank first time but will star to surge after running a few minutes.

OP
OP
Y

YesA2Valve

Reaction score
is the check engine light on? Have you tried to pull any codes? IF ya have tried you might have discovered the obd2 port does nothing on the gt's
The check engine light only comes on after it running for a bit and it was for the pcv but there is no pcv and the line for it is plugged

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
plugs huh? Did you take the time to compare the old plug to the new one to make sure they gave you the right ones? I personally had the parts guy grab the wrong plugs for me and they had me chasing my tail for months at one point because of this. It also would not be a bad idea to take a look at the end and see how it looks to get an idea of what is going on in the motor(rich/lean/oil in cylinder/ect) and it only takes a minute to get to #5 or 6 on the drivers side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Members online