OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah…

My custom rear shocks are set to deliver Wednesday. My buddy Charlie reached out to offer help and to use his lift for the drop kit install. Just gotta get through this turnaround at work.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're on SVTP, but I thought you'd find this thread interesting.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're on SVTP, but I thought you'd find this thread interesting.

I am :cool:

Same user name.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
IMG_1650.png

Fooled the BCM into thinking I had shorter tires to gain some top end speed. It worked!

IMG_1648.png

Next step is to turn the speed limiter off with the SCT X4 I’m buying and see how much faster it’ll go on the stock tune. More weight reduction may be in order.

This thing is just amazing.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
So after watching what these v8 4wd f150's are capable of on youtube. Then Ford incentive with 3 year warranty with the s/c package installed by dealer. Then white95 dangling the cheese in my face with this thread, I took a min and built my truck over on the Ford website, to at which then i decided NOPE to much money. I cant do $700 month payment. Im not stacked with G's like white95 is.

Now that i have and went through the emotions of a new car purchase, ....I see these dang single cab trucks everywhere! Im diying!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
So after watching what these v8 4wd f150's are capable of on youtube. Then Ford incentive with 3 year warranty with the s/c package installed by dealer. Then white95 dangling the cheese in my face with this thread, I took a min and built my truck over on the Ford website, to at which then i decided NOPE to much money. I cant do $700 month payment. Im not stacked with G's like white95 is.

Now that i have and went through the emotions of a new car purchase, ....I see these dang single cab trucks everywhere! Im diying!

IMG_1685.jpeg

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
everytime I hear about someone changing the gov on the speed I think of this video.

That said, I have an upgraded driveshaft on my upgrade path. Just need to have it shortened when I swap to the Raptor transfer case.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
For those keeping up, I have a SCT X4 delivering tomorrow and I’m going to immediately raise the speed limiter to probably 125 mph. No real need to go any faster until I upgrade the driveshaft. We’ll find out together how far it’ll go on the stock tune as is. Also delivering tomorrow is a Magnaflow muffler and I’ll try to get that installed by the weekend.

Working 8 days a week is tough.

Furthermore, I’ve had a GT350 intake modified to fit the Gen 4 heads and it should come in sometime next week. I’ve also been sitting on an IHC 3/5 lowering kit and a set of KellTrac street/strip DA Viking shocks delivered today.

Getting into the 12’s on the stock tune was fun but let the march to the 11’s begin!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Guy on SVTP reached out and offered me a VasFab front differential brace if I’d cover the shipping. He wound up not using it because it interfered with his FX4 skid plates. Really cool of him and I graciously accepted. This will help alleviate front wheel hop and prevent case failure which is always a possibility.

Pics from the previous owner:

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
That said, I have an upgraded driveshaft on my upgrade path. Just need to have it shortened when I swap to the Raptor transfer case.

School me because I'm FAR too lazy to look myself - what's the Raptor T/Case provide? Stronger chains/gearset?

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
Has clutch packs and offers AWD capabilities.

TOD - torque on demand

This just led me down a rabbit hole and didn't answer me well enough lol.

The info on that transfer case sounds like a bit of magic, but should work well for a truck hurting folks feelings on the street. You gonna try and snag a Torsen front diff too? That sounds like it'd be fun for some TOD cone killing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online