Who Makes Quality Clutch Cables These Days?

Terrorist 5.0

Reaction score
Hi everyone, about 2 or 3 months ago, my clutch cable snapped right in front of my workplace (a garage, how convenient), and to get me back on the road, I ordered some cheap cable and put it on. It binds slightly, and I feel it has finally stretched beyond an acceptable point. The ratcheting quadrant is maxed out, and I am beginning to have trouble shifting gears. It is especially noticeable when accelerating hard. It is difficult to pull it out of gear, it sticks hard. I have decided it is time for a new cable. My only question is what cable do I use? I know OEM Ford cables are the best quality, and that Maximum Motorsports sells a modified version of said cable, but it seems both are out of production (correct me if I'm wrong), so I am stuck with the aftermarket adjustable ones. I plan on buying Maximum Motorsports quadrant, and a Steeda firewall adjuster. I have heard they are the best brands for those 2 specific items. The cable is the only thing I am hung up on. I have heard some people say Steeda cable, some say Ford Racing (which are offshore like all the others), I want to know what you guys are running, and suggestions on a good cable, or setup in general. I am not biased to adjustable or non adjustable (if I do go non adjustable I get to keep the ratcheting quadrant).

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
1 double check the fitment year
2 check if adjustable
Could be an adjustment

I normally I stick with non adjustable cables what Ford installed
Some of these guys have good luck with them
Me not so much
Maybe one has more info on that cable

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
As shitty as it sounds, I ran a UPR adjustable cable for a long time. Even had it on my car after the coyote swap, shifting it at 7800 rpm.

T45 that could.
The cable never gave me any issue.

OP
OP
T

Terrorist 5.0

Reaction score
It still offers proper engagement and problem free operation.
So UPR is seemingly not as bad as everyone says? I understand cable routing is very important for longevity as well. Probably that’s why a lot of people end up with a snapped cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Members online