Leak!?!

OP
OP
CrispCobra95

CrispCobra95

Reaction score
Trust me, I have made many of attempts to stop the leak on my own, I just want it located, and if it doesn't have to be welded (I don't have that either) then I can fix a bolt on repair. I'd rather spend the $65 and it be a small weld bead to fix it than spend $200+ on equipment that doesn't fix it... I'm no master tech but I do know a thing or two.

OP
OP
CrispCobra95

CrispCobra95

Reaction score
I didn't ask but I will be shocked if their hourly shop rate is more than that.

And, with this message, I broke the into the 3 digits posts!

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure. He'll probably want you to come in so they can at least take a look/listen. I'm assuming he'd probably charge you for 1 hour of shop time, and I don't know what that would be. You'd have to ask him.

OP
OP
CrispCobra95

CrispCobra95

Reaction score
Not sure. He'll probably want you to come in so they can at least take a look/listen. I'm assuming he'd probably charge you for 1 hour of shop time, and I don't know what that would be. You'd have to ask him.

Yea, that is everything I expected but, if he wants more than $70 to just look at it (and possibly add a small weld) then I'll end up doing the smoke test after all.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
^ if you got the money to send up in smoke then by all means..but it will take a lot more time effort and money to take it to a shop instead of just lay on the ground for a min and push the pedal with ur hand, sht can even do it at the autozone after you buy the seafoam, sht could even have the autozone guy or gal help you look for exhaust leaks..

Ok, you win! :thumbsup::rolleyes:

OP
OP
CrispCobra95

CrispCobra95

Reaction score
Well the guys at Verity were really cool. After looking it up and down and doing a smoke leak test and plugging the tips, we have determined its not exhaust but rather mechanical. Possibly a lifter but I'm not sold on that. It's a tisk tisk tisk sound that you can hear at idle and follows the throttle. I suppose I'll go ahead and do a header install and check the lifters at the same time and go from there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.