What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

TTSaleen

Reaction score
What's your opinion on belt type I should use?
For years I have run Goodyear Gatorback, Continental, and Gates Fleet (Green) belts.

My recent track outing was with the Gatorback belt. I shredded a belt and destroyed the upper supercharger pulley.
Most likely I'm over-spinning the VMP at 26# boost.

I've already got a new upper pulley for the VMP - went from 2.7 to a 2.9 to slow it down some.
I also have a 4# lower I can install and remove the 6# to slow it down more if necessary.

I'm curious if you guys thing the Gatorback may be a problem and if the Continental or Gates belt might do better?

Old pulley vs new -
IMG_2402.jpg

Belt Comparison -
IMG_2406.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
For years I have run Goodyear Gatorback, Continental, and Gates Fleet (Green) belts.

My recent track outing was with the Gatorback belt. I shredded a belt and destroyed the upper supercharger pulley.

I've already got a new upper pulley for the VMP - went from 2.7 to a 2.9 to slow it down some.
I also have a 4# lower I can install and remove the 6# to slow it down more if necessary.

I'm curious if you guys thing the Gatorback may be a problem and if the Continental or Gates belt might do better?

Old pulley vs new -
View attachment 33753

Belt Comparison -
View attachment 33754

I’ve had good luck with the gatorbacks , apparently the gates green ones are great but I’ve never been able to get one in my size .

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Old pulley vs new -
View attachment 33753

Belt Comparison -
View attachment 33754
I think they’re all good. I went to the Gates and have had ZERO issues and full confidence

95opal

Reaction score
Got a pile of rain today so im gonna dip into setting up the PIMPXS ecm. Need to install a few jumpers in the ECM. Also have to change a few pins in the ECM connector plug. Last but not least weld in new bungs for the widebands and wire in the controllers.
20240326_151810_HDR.jpg

95opal

Reaction score
Got all the jumpers put in the PIMPXS. Nice board layout everything was marked and easy to read, a breeze to set up. Now just need to find the motivation to get in the shop and move some pins around on the connector. Maybe this weekend.

20240328_142527_HDR.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Something about the name of that ECU just makes me laugh! :D
“Pimp excess”- is that when a pimp wears too many gold chains and/or drives a convertible Cadillac Eldorado with fur-lined interior?! Old Sokol, baby! Flashback to the Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movies! ROFLMFAO

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score

Old pulley vs new -
View attachment 33753

Belt Comparison -
View attachment 33754
At the shop I was in, we always used the HD green belts. I don’t know what’s different, but they seemed to hold up the best against belt slip especially when turning a heavy rotor roots blower.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online