1994 Cobra AutoX Build

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Nice car...looks real racy with the T1 and R58s!

Thanks! I like the R58's a lot, only issue was they didn't quite fill the rear fenders, but I remedied that as you can see above. Gonna post some pics up in a bit.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Nice looking Cobra! Good to see someone else in the handling game.

I have a set of H&R 1.25" spacers on #71, never had any issues with them after 3 seasons of racing. Including a competitor slamming into my drivers rear wheel with his front wheel, so they take the abuse. I just bought a set of 1" FTR spacers and will be moving the H&Rs to my street 95.

My 95 will slowly be turning into a Cobra R clone, will be looking for the wheels you have soon.

Thanks! It's good to hear that they're built to last, hadn't found too many people who had been running bolt-on spacers previously.

I probably would have just bought a set of Cobra R's from LMR or American Muscle if I hadn't lucked out through [MENTION=9209]ReplicaR[/MENTION]. You going to search for R58's or just buy aftermarket?

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Beautiful car. I was looking for a cobra when I ended up picking up my 95 GT vert... sometimes wish I had held out. But I'd feel bad about using a cobra for d.d.

Thanks man. The thing with the 94-95's is since there wasn't much difference between the GT and Cobra you probably aren't missing much lol. I've used it as a daily for about 4 years now, loved every minute of it, but going to be getting a real D.D sometime soon.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Rear end looks a lot better with the spacers installed

RichV

Reaction score
Thanks! It's good to hear that they're built to last, hadn't found too many people who had been running bolt-on spacers previously.

I probably would have just bought a set of Cobra R's from LMR or American Muscle if I hadn't lucked out through ReplicaR. You going to search for R58's or just buy aftermarket?

We'll see. Depending what I final with the suspension/brakes. For now, thinking Cobra brakes with Wilwood front 4pot calipers, TQ arm, PHB, maybe tubular k-member/arms, possibly COs. So 17x9 may be just fine, R58s would be good for the cool factor but honestly there are a lot of wheels in a similar style I'd fine with. Replicas are fine, I would like them to be lighter than some of the replica wheels. There have been some Ultrlights, Villains, and 00 Cobra R on CL which I'd consider when the time comes. But if I get a deal on a set of bigger brakes, may need 18". I usually shop for deals on used/2nd hand stuff so none of my plans are completely final.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
We'll see. Depending what I final with the suspension/brakes. For now, thinking Cobra brakes with Wilwood front 4pot calipers, TQ arm, PHB, maybe tubular k-member/arms, possibly COs. So 17x9 may be just fine, R58s would be good for the cool factor but honestly there are a lot of wheels in a similar style I'd fine with. Replicas are fine, I would like them to be lighter than some of the replica wheels. There have been some Ultrlights, Villains, and 00 Cobra R on CL which I'd consider when the time comes. But if I get a deal on a set of bigger brakes, may need 18". I usually shop for deals on used/2nd hand stuff so none of my plans are completely final.

I'm the same way, craigslist is my predominant place to buy parts. Ultralights or Villians would be cool, I've always thought the 00R wheels looked odd on SN's, something about them looking too big.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Small update, bought [MENTION=9209]ReplicaR[/MENTION] 's old Sparco Torino's off of him, finally have some decent seats!

Also had a set of Spintech mufflers welded in and the car sounds quite a good bit better, really pleased with how they sound.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Glad to see that you already installed one. How do they feel by comparison to the stock ones? Comfortable?

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Glad to see that you already installed one. How do they feel by comparison to the stock ones? Comfortable?

More comfortable overall. They changed the feel of driving a good bit, sitting lower now, not sliding around, etc. Going to order the other bracket after the holidays.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
More comfortable overall. They changed the feel of driving a good bit, sitting lower now, not sliding around, etc. Going to order the other bracket after the holidays.

Nice, that's pretty much how I felt about them, once I switched to those from the couch seats that come standard in these cars.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Finally got a video of the Spintech's on the car to compare to the Flowmasters. The recordings are pretty crap to be honest but it's the best I could do lol. Exhaust is a good bit louder and sounds a lot better than the stereotypical flows.

[video=youtube;IzNn8hgeyJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzNn8hgeyJ0[/video]

[video=youtube;GHGqfFFiO7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHGqfFFiO7o[/video]

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Damn, that sounds much better. I'm loving the unicorn wing.

Yeah, they sound great, I only wonder what it would sound like if I had gone for the "loudest" version Spintech makes lol. The T1 is my favorite part of the car, very glad I didn't go the S281 wing route.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Yeah, that's way better. Can't wait to hear it in person.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
So about time for a fairly large update, there has been quite a lot done lol. Since the last update the car has had MM Sport valved Bilstein shocks and struts installed, as well as Cobra R Brembo brakes, an 03 Cobra steering rack, MM steering shaft, MM caster camber plates, and MM solid steering rack bushings. It's basically an entirely different car, it's so much easier to drive and much more enjoyable. Pic of the car and of the brakes, sans brembo logo

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Your car looks awesome. The MM parts really make the car a lot more fun to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online