Diablosport chip i found on my 94 computer.

94RedGt

Reaction score
When i got my car i didnt know it had a chip installed until one day i decided to take a look at the computer cuz of problems i was having, i discovered this little black chip wich is a Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution , it kind of looks like a little devil head lol. Anyways i was looking at some stuff at american muscle and found they sell a similat chip but from SCT wich basically does the same thing as the one i got. Theirs comes with a little dial that connects to the chip while its in the computer so it allows you to switch between tunes. Mine has the same kind of connection for the cable i just dont have the cable.

I took the chip off and basically the only difference i noticed is my fan kicks on way before the temp needle moves and it just basially stays on all the time so the car basically does not run hot. Performance wise i feel no difference. Can i use the chip to burn custom tunes into it ? Or is there somewere i can get custom tunes from the internet and the cable to use the chip.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you took what chip off and powered it up? Yes the switch will just plug in and while I have that option I have not yet switched it nor even got a tune to switch it. You would need to have a tune loaded onto that numerical spot of the chip to get it to work its not like the switch comes with a tune.

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
The car had the chip already installed but i took it off and it still runs the same, i know it has something loaded into it because with the chip on it will turn the fans way earlier and it wont idle as smooth. Anyways found some info online about the chip and it can be reflashed by a tuner if they got the diablosport software. The reason i asked way because it has the ports for the switch but i dont have the switch, dunno maybe with the switch i could see if it had more than one tune flashed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so let me get this straight. You pulled the programmable chip out of the ECU, and then started the car and wonder why it acts differently? I am not a tuning expert but I would dare to say that it probably is not the best idea to run you car with out the chip in it. I am not even sure why you would take it out and then start it up but I am more suprised that it runs at all with out it.

Again yes you can buy the switch and then plug it in but until you load any tunes into those banks you are not really buying anything other then the hardware. The diablo tuners are only good for obd2 cars form 96 on so you will need to buy a tune in order to get anything out of those extra banks on the chip.

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
No . After i pulled the chip the car actually just runs better, i didnt just jank the chip out i disconnected the neg terminal for atleast 10 minutes before i even touched the ecm. With the chip installed all i felt different was that the fan turned way to early and did not allow the car to get to operating temperature and it did not idle as smooth as with factory settings, it would hunt for an idle all the time. As far as performance or better mpg i did not notice anything. Oh and the only mods my car has is ported lower and upper cobra intake with bbk headers , O/R H pipe and mac mufflers, dont even think a chip is needed for such basic mods, im planning on getting a bigger maf and TB because im possibly going to install GT40p heads and TF stage 1 cam or a e303 cam.

Heres the chip i got
20120219_125022.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qlopp

Members online