Awesome man, congrats! Those are some solid numbers

Youll have to get some videos up!

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
[video]https://youtu.be/VNVSrSvhqZ4[/video]

Video from the dyno, not entirely sure which pull this was but they mostly all sound the same.

Nighttrain

Reaction score

numbers are in! Car made 700/680 on 18-19 lbs. We tried upping boost a bit from there but the ignition system couldn't handle it so until I get better/new coils or a boost-a-spark I'm not pushing it harder. Couldn't be happier with Lees tune, car drives like stock and pulls like madd. I haven't felt full throttle yet or up to 6000 rpm but gettin on it 3/4 throttle felt crazy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what im talking about! Nice work!

torch318

Reaction score
Sounds good, nice work!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Thanks fellas! I haven't got a chance to really drive the car much, all rain this week lol. The little bit of driving I did do after the tune appointment was eye opening lol Car pulls pretty hard up top lol.

Now......route that turbo through a roots and have that pull through the entire rpm range hehe:cool:

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Now......route that turbo through a roots and have that pull through the entire rpm range hehe:cool:

Haha. Hellraiser kits are so sick. To bad the B heads don't support intercoolers. That's ok though once you're up in power the close ratio magnum keeps you there. Lol

McCloud

Reaction score

numbers are in! Car made 700/680 on 18-19 lbs. We tried upping boost a bit from there but the ignition system couldn't handle it so until I get better/new coils or a boost-a-spark I'm not pushing it harder. Couldn't be happier with Lees tune, car drives like stock and pulls like madd. I haven't felt full throttle yet or up to 6000 rpm but gettin on it 3/4 throttle felt crazy lol.

Awesome numbers man! My car is done and ready for the dyno now. Not sure when I'll get to dyno it in the near future because it seems I've got plans every weekend until November now. When I do, I'm hoping to hit 600+ on 93.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Awesome numbers man! My car is done and ready for the dyno now. Not sure when I'll get to dyno it in the near future because it seems I've got plans every weekend until November now. When I do, I'm hoping to hit 600+ on 93.

Thanks! I get the being swamped on the weekends. I actually ended up taking a vacation day during the week so I could dyno it. Best of luck man, 600 is almost useless on the street which will make for a lot of fun when you have too much power haha.

McCloud

Reaction score
Thanks! I get the being swamped on the weekends. I actually ended up taking a vacation day during the week so I could dyno it. Best of luck man, 600 is almost useless on the street which will make for a lot of fun when you have too much power haha.

I've got a Leash boost controller now, so more than likely I'll turn it down so I don't take out any crowds my first time driving it.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
I've got a Leash boost controller now, so more than likely I'll turn it down so I don't take out any crowds my first time driving it.

Hahaha. Are you going to do boost by gear? I've got a tru boost but my precision wastegates have 15lb springs in them so the lowest power I can turn the car down to is around 560. I've not driven it on just wastegates though to see how much easier the power is to get down.

I look forward to seeing yours finished!

McCloud

Reaction score
Hahaha. Are you going to do boost by gear? I've got a tru boost but my precision wastegates have 15lb springs in them so the lowest power I can turn the car down to is around 560. I've not driven it on just wastegates though to see how much easier the power is to get down.

I look forward to seeing yours finished!

Unfortunately I didn't order the controller, my fab guy did, and it's the boost by time version. I'm running 10lb spring in my wastegate so that should be pretty manageable if I run it off wastegate.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Small update of my winter plans for the car. I purchased a speedhut oil pressure gauge during their black friday sale and finally got it mounted into the car. Gauge took a while to get here which gave me time to redo the cup holder gauge pod and make it a dual gauge pod.

The pod still needs some sanding to make it smoother in prep for a paint that matches the interior black better. But for now it looks decent and I like it a lot more than when it was just a single gauge pod.

Also bought a set of export mirrors, both need tore down and restored but come spring time they should be finished and paint matched to the car.

Last but not least I still need to pull the driver's side axle out to have it re-booted and re-greased as well as some other maintenance tasks.

McCloud

Reaction score
Small update of my winter plans for the car. I purchased a speedhut oil pressure gauge during their black friday sale and finally got it mounted into the car. Gauge took a while to get here which gave me time to redo the cup holder gauge pod and make it a dual gauge pod.

The pod still needs some sanding to make it smoother in prep for a paint that matches the interior black better. But for now it looks decent and I like it a lot more than when it was just a single gauge pod.

Also bought a set of export mirrors, both need tore down and restored but come spring time they should be finished and paint matched to the car.

Last but not least I still need to pull the driver's side axle out to have it re-booted and re-greased as well as some other maintenance tasks.

Very nice man! Install looks clean and I highly recommend the SEM paint from LMR to match the interior. Landau black I believe is the color.

Oh BTW you're absolutely right. 600+ rwhp is completely useless. I'm seeing boost around 3000 rpms and anything above half throttle in 1st or 2nd gear is instant spin. 3rd gear I can hook up if I roll into it. I'll definitely have to get some meatier tires for the track if I want to run decent.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Very nice man! Install looks clean and I highly recommend the SEM paint from LMR to match the interior. Landau black I believe is the color.

Oh BTW you're absolutely right. 600+ rwhp is completely useless. I'm seeing boost around 3000 rpms and anything above half throttle in 1st or 2nd gear is instant spin. 3rd gear I can hook up if I roll into it. I'll definitely have to get some meatier tires for the track if I want to run decent.

I'll have to order some of that paint soon. I've heard it mentioned a couple of times. What size and type tires are your running? My drag radials don't do a terrible job once they are warmed up in 2nd and 3rd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online