Key fob module gone? Reprogramming keys

kas_lar

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I’m on my 25th day of owning this wonderful 1995 mustang GT and I got one key fob in the deal with the seller. I’ve ordered two new key fobs and I was going to reprogram the new keys but the module is gone.

I’ve got a remote to lock/unlock the doors where is the module or how do I reprogram the new fobs?

See my video here:

Thank you for all your help

OP
OP
K

kas_lar

Reaction score
Okay thanks. But how come I still can remote lock and unlock the car?
And how do I program the new keys?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are no keys to program, pats wasn't a thing till 96. As for the getting a keyless entry to work you will need to have one installed. Having the remotes will do no good if there is nothing to communicate with. Your local audio shop can hook you up they are not expensive.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I thought that if you had two keys then you could just turn one key on in the ignition cylinder, then the next, and then another, and on and on until you have no more and then they would all work.

Also, to program a new key fob:

-Turn key on (no ignition)

-Remove trunk trim

-Roll down driver's window

-Short two contacts inside the small rectangular grey connector (the one with nothing connected to it) - (door locks will cycle)

-Sync the new remote by pressing it's buttons (just lock/unlock will do) (if you have multiple remotes, program them now)

-When done, remove your shorting device from the connector

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am just having all kinds of issues today as the vids would not play before. The instructions given where for the stock module which you showed in the vid you do not have. I am not sure what brand you have but each has its own programming sequence but it probably will not work for the remotes you have. It would need to be a specific remote made for the brand of alarm. Check the drivers kick panel or behind the knee bolster, or follow the led wires to the main module and we can see what brand it is. I don't recognize the remote

OP
OP
K

kas_lar

Reaction score
I thought that if you had two keys then you could just turn one key on in the ignition cylinder, then the next, and then another, and on and on until you have no more and then they would all work.

Also, to program a new key fob:

-Turn key on (no ignition)

-Remove trunk trim

-Roll down driver's window

-Short two contacts inside the small rectangular grey connector (the one with nothing connected to it) - (door locks will cycle)

-Sync the new remote by pressing it's buttons (just lock/unlock will do) (if you have multiple remotes, program them now)

-When done, remove your shorting device from the connector

Thanks but I don't have the module:-(

OP
OP
K

kas_lar

Reaction score
Okay thanks everybody. It's pretty clean that I don't have the module. I guess the current lock/unlock is somekind of aftermarket install. I hope Amazon will accept the return of the two keys :)

I'll try to look where ttocs has told me to look:
Check the drivers kick panel or behind the knee bolster, or follow the led wires to the main module and we can see what brand it is. I don't recognize the remote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milford Mustang

Staff online