Looking to do a Lightning motor swap

Kdlong72

Reaction score
I have a 05 F150 w/ the 4.6 2v & I’ve purchased a complete Lightning engine I’m wanting to swap, I’ve done a bunch of sbf stuff but no mod motors. Trying to figure out what all
I’m looking at, I know I’ll have to get the computer tuned (trans also swapping to a 4R100) and exhaust of coarse. What else am I looking at ? Do I need new fuel system? Engine wiring ? Thanks for any info

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Probably have to extend some wiring for the wider engine but shouldn’t be the end of the world.

A basic 5.4 should run on the factory fuel system but for forced induction you’d need to research and emulate a Lightning setup.

You might consider swapping to a 6r80 for better “out of the box” strength and availability.

OP
OP
K

Kdlong72

Reaction score
Probably have to extend some wiring for the wider engine but shouldn’t be the end of the world.

A basic 5.4 should run on the factory fuel system but for forced induction you’d need to research and emulate a Lightning setup.

You might consider swapping to a 6r80 for better “out of the box” strength and availability.
I plan on beefing up the 4r100 some, it’s gonna be a daily for my son so hopefully it’s driven decent

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is going to be a cool swap . Looking forward to following along .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Staff online

Members online