Oh god! I just can’t do it anymore!!!

b1pig

Reaction score
It rained early this morning. Around 4am. It was pleasantly cool. Around lunch time today as the A/C was freaking out because of the constant misfire and idle surge in this POS Tahoe I'm forced to drive... I rolled the windows down. It was actually still very nice with a good breeze blowing. First time I'd checked the dash all day and saw the temp was showing 78 degrees. I was immediately disappointed that I wasn't at home working on one of my various pending projects. The temps have been solid mid to upper 90s for us, but the humidity is always very high. Muggy.

My first experience of Central Texas heat..... some guys hosed me down on the wash rack. I got pissed, because back home, if you get wet, you're wet all day. Couple of the guys told me not to get too pissed off, I'd dry out. To my surprise, I was dry in 15 minutes or so. Always made dealing with the heat easier for me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I hear the heat is on its way next week so I took advantage of the day and put a few more miles on the new bike. Prior to the ebike if I hit that trail I was exhausted for 2-3 days after but this thing changes everything. I still get a workout but I have more control over how much now. I wasn't the only one thinking this as I have never seen the parking lot at the trailhead that full of bike racks.

weendoggy

Reaction score
OK, out here, it's been a pleasant 72° - 82° range the past few weeks. Nice to have natures A/C running to cope with high humidity. I'm just getting the car ready for track in two weeks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok, the heat finally made its way up. Gonna be in the 90s all week with high humidity. Glad I got my biking in last week when it was nice.

b1pig

Reaction score
Man, it was nice yesterday. I fixed the door locks and trunk latch on the wife's Lexus, washed the Mustang and then put together a little test box for my sub... parked the Mustang and put the BUDGEt car cover on it.

Today, not so nice... tomorrow I have to work out in the heat on a car. Weather is only gonna get hotter all week for us. So that's the best I could do.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are talking about it possibly hitting a 100 here at the end of the week. With over 40 yrs here we have only seen it close to 100 a couple of times. I learned a new term today, corn sweat. I guess that mature corn plants evaporate a large amount of water just to keep cool, which will add to our humidity. Corn sweat is gonna be giving us swamp ass by the sound of it, again glad I was able to get the bike out last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milford Mustang

Members online