Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
The new rifle case foam came in. The slots for the bolts isn't quite perfect so I have to modify the design a bit. Thankfully I bought the failsafe protection and used their supplied template for the bolts so I don't have to pay for them to redo it.

You can think of this as part deployment case and part storage case. Because it's meant to travel it needs to fit my backpack-style soft case. The soft case makes a fine top pad.
img_6910.jpg

Lifting the soft case out of the way and stowing it in the lid reveals the rifle, bipod and the rifle maintenance kit. The unfilled spaces above and on the lower right are for ammo storage (not transport... makes it too heavy) of 80rds of 338LM and 120rds each of .308win and .223rem. The unfilled spaces below the fore end are for weapon lights and scope lens covers that I was too lazy to pull out of their existing storage spot. I designed it to have the maintenance/tool kit always open since every time I open the case I will usually open the tool kit. I also need to shift the rifle to the right and extend the barrel channel. Turns out my brakes were longer than I remembered. While I'm at the redesign table I'll move the .338 and .308 ammo toward the right (that's where the wheels are) and tweak the bipod slot and the front of the bit where the rifle forearm ends so the bipod mounting spigot can stay where it goes. There's probably 20 little tweaks that are needed between the top and the bottom.
img_6911.jpg

And peeling out the top layer using the built-in nylon handles reveals the rest of the kit... magazines, bolts, barrels (t-b: 24" .223Rem 1:7, 26" .308Win 1:10, .338WM 1:9). When I"m not in the USA you'll also find suppressors in there.
img_6912.jpg

The system is, to my mind, a kind of piss take on the Mk22 and its deployment kit which came out of the SOCOM PSR program. I feel like my version is a huge improvement over the other SOCOM PSR program candidates from Accuracy International, Remington, Sako (pic1, pic2), or Barret and it's even an improvement over the kit Desert Tech provided to the DOD for the PSR eval. One, mine has .223Rem as well as .308 and .338LM and I also have .338WM, which I greatly prefer for hunting in Africa. I very much dislike .30cal magnums but .338-.375cal magnums I do like. Having .223Rem opens up a lot of utility and economy. It's not every day that I want to shoot ammo that costs $10 a shot and sometimes .308win is a bit much for the job at hand. Second, the Desert Tech barrel system is superior to all of the others, only the Barret even comes close, and there's no manipulation of small parts which are not captured while changing barrels. Third, it's three quarters of a foot shorter than the others. Even with 21 magazines and all the barrels and bolts and even the cases and foam, a $4,000 scope and a PVS-30 night vision clip-on, I spent less than I would have for any of the others without the scope. Boosting things further, I was able to score a near new 6XC barrel and 500rds of ammo and still spent less than the other PSR candidates. I deliberately avoided the 338 Norma and 300 Norma and 300WM chamberings for practical reasons and personal preference.

rio_snek

Reaction score
Got a good deal on a set of two tone cloth seats to finish my swap from tan to black interior.
Screenshot_20230815_081320_Facebook.jpg
Driver seat is torn on the bolster, so I picked up a rear seat section on ebay for $35, and I plan to take the black fabric off and have the driver seat repaired with it at an upholstery shop.
Screenshot_20230815_100727_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I like when people take care of the interior. Shows class.

I'll be taking the car in here in a few minutes to buy some labor time. Gotta get this rear o2 sensor voltage drop sorted out so I can get the farker registered.

J_lope82

Reaction score
I told my wife she can’t be hot rodding any more because it’s slower than the previous ecoboost.
This is what I traded in. IMG_3290.jpeg

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up a Lincoln Blackwood. I found one for a good price. Only made for 1 year, 5.4L 4V, short bed, crew cab, < 100k miles. Hoping I don't have to but the Cobra is more of a fun car and it doesn't have much room for my rifles and gear and it can't get up to any of the places I go to go shooting.

What do y'all think? Would you rock a Blackwood?

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up a Lincoln Blackwood. I found one for a good price. Only made for 1 year, 5.4L 4V, short bed, crew cab, < 100k miles. Hoping I don't have to but the Cobra is more of a fun car and it doesn't have much room for my rifles and gear and it can't get up to any of the places I go to go shooting.

Absolutely. My 06 Harley-Davidson is the 5.4 and it'll scoot for a big truck lol. Plus it's only got 90k on it.

badass98svt

Reaction score

Doooo eeeeet

badass98svt

Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the new. These were long overdue. I've been running Bilstein/MM coilovers up front for 3 years now.
My niece will be taking the old Tokico HPs for her 94 V6.PXL_20230820_183158432.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online