Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Really struggling to not spend a bunch on tinker toy mods for the car right now. I'm thinking it's time to start assembling parts for a new engine. Thinking 11.5:1 and FR500 cams so it'll pass Kommiefornia smog but should still be able to punch out 330rwhp without getting too ratty on the tune. Finding a good pair of C-heads has been a beyotch. Finding an aluminum block that's not had user installed inspection ports added to it or is missing the main caps or has the starter mount busted off or any of a bunch of other things has become a challenge. Even local sales... send someone a message on an ad they just listed and telling them "cash buyer, can be there today" gets fark all for responses. Pissing me off.

Anyone have a WAP or Teksid block that's workable for sale or know where they can get one? I'll pay a finder fee and something for your time. Same with heads. I would like a set of 9-thread C-heads but 4-thread is fine. Not like I'll be pulling plugs much.

Right now I'm thinking old fashioned Manley slugs and rods, H-series bearings, ARP hardware and .020 over. I can build the motor myself in the machine room (where we keep toolchests and ladders and stuff, no actual "machines") at the office and then only have to deal with labor for final install. Decisions, decisions.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Really struggling to not spend a bunch on tinker toy mods for the car right now. I'm thinking it's time to start assembling parts for a new engine. Thinking 11.5:1 and FR500 cams so it'll pass Kommiefornia smog but should still be able to punch out 330rwhp without getting too ratty on the tune. Finding a good pair of C-heads has been a beyotch. Finding an aluminum block that's not had user installed inspection ports added to it or is missing the main caps or has the starter mount busted off or any of a bunch of other things has become a challenge. Even local sales... send someone a message on an ad they just listed and telling them "cash buyer, can be there today" gets fark all for responses. Pissing me off.

Anyone have a WAP or Teksid block that's workable for sale or know where they can get one? I'll pay a finder fee and something for your time. Same with heads. I would like a set of 9-thread C-heads but 4-thread is fine. Not like I'll be pulling plugs much.

Right now I'm thinking old fashioned Manley slugs and rods, H-series bearings, ARP hardware and .020 over. I can build the motor myself in the machine room (where we keep toolchests and ladders and stuff, no actual "machines") at the office and then only have to deal with labor for final install. Decisions, decisions.
Man, I don't know if it would be worth it or something you'd want but I'm about to pull my teksid block from my town car. It's .020" over and the deck has been shaved .012" it is still in the car running right now, I'm pulling it out to remove my diamond pistons and I won't have a use for the block.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Man, I don't know if it would be worth it or something you'd want but I'm about to pull my teksid block from my town car. It's .020" over and the deck has been shaved .012" it is still in the car running right now, I'm pulling it out to remove my diamond pistons and I won't have a use for the block.
Sounds like a workable deal. LMK what you need out of it and any special considerations I need to be aware of due to the shaved deck. I assume probably a thicker head gasket or just expect a ~.5 compression bump or maybe need to go to a very small dish on the piston.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Sounds like a workable deal. LMK what you need out of it and any special considerations I need to be aware of due to the shaved deck. I assume probably a thicker head gasket or just expect a ~.5 compression bump or maybe need to go to a very small dish on the piston.
Really Just make sure to use thick enough head gaskets, and pistons with valve reliefs depending on your cam choice. It's got diamond pistons in it now and they have a taller compression height, sticking them out of the hole. I use felpro blue head gaskets and have no issues. Give me a little time to get it pulled out though, and we will work it out. Don't let me forget, please.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
McGard open lug nuts for the racestars because the racestar lugs and washers suck. These are supposed to be the best IMG_20231125_123724633_HDR~2.jpg

And, after leaving the shop I was at, I got rid of my snap on tool box (kick myself in the ass sometimes) so my tools are all in totes. I got pissed yesterday trying to find something so I went and got a box. Got really good deal on it and I'm putting tools in it now. Hopefully it'll hold up. IMG_20231124_135901297_HDR.jpg

weendoggy

Reaction score
Nice score. I'm thinking of getting a new box setup because my current one is out of room. I can always buy a second box, but then try to figure where to put it. I'll still have to modify my cabinet locations due to larger box. Oh well.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
McGard open lug nuts for the racestars because the racestar lugs and washers suck. These are supposed to be the best View attachment 30334

And, after leaving the shop I was at, I got rid of my snap on tool box (kick myself in the ass sometimes) so my tools are all in totes. I got pissed yesterday trying to find something so I went and got a box. Got really good deal on it and I'm putting tools in it now. Hopefully it'll hold up. View attachment 30335

They’re nice box’s for the money . I’ve got two of them

07GtS197

Reaction score
I used to work at Home Depot so naturally I’m a fan of husky. That thing is nice and the extra set of castors I’m sure come in handy while pushing it around.

b1pig

Reaction score
IMG_0030.jpeg
This represents half the money I spent on the coming interior improvements on the mustang.

IMG_0031.jpeg
These two boxes contain a big brake kit for my Jeep. Still waiting on the most important piece which is on back order…. The larger master cylinder. Won’t see that till after the first of the year at least. Hoping this will be the ebsolute end of the brake problems with my Jeep.

IMG_0014.jpeg
Will soon wrap up repairs on the wife’s Polaris. All new fuel system. New chinesium carb. Runs amazing…. Now just needs a battery and voltage regulator. And tires. And a seat recover/refoam. And a voltage gauge. And tail lights. And a tailgate lever assembly.

weendoggy

Reaction score
"New chinesium carb. Runs amazing…."

Is that some kinda' new unobtainium carbonated material? I need to find me some 'o 'dat. o_O

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Today, my latest purchase will be shop time. I’m taking it in at 10:00am to have the oil temp gauge wiring traced and made functional; same with the new MaddRetro LED headlights (they buzz when I activate turn signal); and my hood release lever is ridiculously hard to pull (I’ve been using a small pry bar!)

P.S.- maybe see if they have a better solution for that floor mat hook problem. My attempt is holding (somewhat) but doesn’t feel like a permanent solution)!IMG_1795.jpegit works!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online

No members online now.