Remove noisy alarm but where to start?

kas_lar

Reaction score
Hi!
I’m on my 25th day of owning this wonderful 1995 mustang GT. I was told by the seller that some previous owner had installed an alarm.
The buzzing goes on and on 50 seconds are ignition and I’d like to remove the alarm.
Does anyone know where I should start to remove this alarm and which kind of alarm this is.

I have a few videos of the engine bay:

Here is the alarm after ignition:

Best regards to all of you and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
judging by the 2 leds you might have more than one. Follow the wires from the leds to the main module and then you will probably find a mess of wires. Follow each one and disconnect and then make sure that there is no bare copper showing. If by chance they hooked up the starter kill and it is just the usual relay/normally closed starter kill you can just leave it alone. If it is a normally open starter kill disconnecting the alarm will mean that the car will not be able to start until we reconnect the starter wires.

OP
OP
K

kas_lar

Reaction score
I think it might be the airbag module but I'd like to hear you guys first.

OP
OP
K

kas_lar

Reaction score
judging by the 2 leds you might have more than one. Follow the wires from the leds to the main module and then you will probably find a mess of wires. Follow each one and disconnect and then make sure that there is no bare copper showing. If by chance they hooked up the starter kill and it is just the usual relay/normally closed starter kill you can just leave it alone. If it is a normally open starter kill disconnecting the alarm will mean that the car will not be able to start until we reconnect the starter wires.

Are you referring to the leds going to the hood in the start of the video of the enginebay?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok the vids would not play for me first time. The alarm siren and mercury switch on the hood are not hooked up. That beeping you hear means you have a warning light out in the dash. remove the gauge cluster and one of the warning lights(abs, CEL, ect) is out or if you removed one recently rather than fix the solution, that is your problem.

OP
OP
K

kas_lar

Reaction score
ok the vids would not play for me first time. The alarm siren and mercury switch on the hood are not hooked up. That beeping you hear means you have a warning light out in the dash. remove the gauge cluster and one of the warning lights(abs, CEL, ect) is out or if you removed one recently rather than fix the solution, that is your problem.
Ahh thanks!

I've looked online and the 5 beeps are not related to any alarms but elsewhere.

Is the alarm siren not a standart part of the 1995 mustang? I've attached a picture. If I can yank it out, I'd sure like to.Siren.png

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can pull it out, it is not working and is not stock equipment. Like I said the beeps are an audible alert to tell you a visual alert is not working. It is not uncommon that people give up trying to fix the problem and just pull the CEL out and that will cause this.