What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

weendoggy

Reaction score
Is 4 degrees gonna work? What's the rear pinion angle at or what's it intended to be at?
It's no different than the stock 3650 location. The mounting tab is 2 1/4" shorter from C/L than the 3650 (3") and need to take up the space difference, so making a new block to raise it. Also reommended by MDL that 4° is correct. Basically the same location and when I get the d-shaft back in, I'll check that, but should be the same as before.

joemomma

Reaction score
Thought about putting the battery tender on it so I can start it and get it up on jack stands to start the Abbott ERA install. If I'm feeling froggy after that, I'll see about changing to the new clutch cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster. Never done a clutch cable, so it should be interesting.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Got the TKX job done! Drives nice and shifts smooth. Still have to make my rear spacer, so the wood block is there to test. Not planning on any hard driving until fixed, just drove to test operation. Will make a bracket for the O2 leads and just have them zip tied to the trans. Moved shift lever to rear spot for better "feel". Can't wait to let it rip!

tkx-7.JPG

tkx-8.JPG

weendoggy

Reaction score
Got my rear trans mount spacer made today and now the TKX job is done. Taking it to breakfast tomorrow to give it a full test. Cut off the section with my Hemsaw, that thing is nice, then used the drill press for the holes (stepped 6x).

tkx-9.JPGtkx-10.JPGtkx-11.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online