What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just about to drop the trans so I can finally get the new clutch

weendoggy

Reaction score
After hitting the rumble strip head on with LF tire I knew it was gonna hurt...exit of T10 at Sonoma on my last session. If I would've tried to correct I think I'd be in a spin with more damage. Had to hobble back a full lap with vibration and didn't find this until today when I changed to street and checked the car out. Everything is fine and it drives smooth and nice with street setup. Now, going to either just get new 17's or go to 18's for track.

I have a short clip now of the incident. Will post some track vid's soon! Here's what happened...

20240909_122405.jpg

Last edited:

95opal

Reaction score
Is the weight of all the wood heavy, or is it just for "looks" when covered?
1/4 ply very light not sure on weight
40" of 1x6 can't be more than 3lbs
2 pieces 1x2 maybe 2lbs
Don't know what the weight of the vinyl and carpet would be.
All I know is it's way lighter than the leather seats that came out.
Plus with the car being minitubed the seat wouldn't fit. The rear quarter trim is actually sitting against the tubs and it's out away from the stock mounting tabs about an inch or so. I could have shave the panel around the tubs but I wanted a more stealth look and not advertise the tubs lol
Not like a 345/20 isn't going to give it away
I even went out of my way to hide the tubs behind panels in the trunk so it would look relatively stock.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
1/4 ply very light not sure on weight
40" of 1x6 can't be more than 3lbs
2 pieces 1x2 maybe 2lbs
Don't know what the weight of the vinyl and carpet would be.
All I know is it's way lighter than the leather seats that came out.
Plus with the car being minitubed the seat wouldn't fit. The rear quarter trim is actually sitting against the tubs and it's out away from the stock mounting tabs about an inch or so. I could have shave the panel around the tubs but I wanted a more stealth look and not advertise the tubs lol
Not like a 345/20 isn't going to give it away
I even went out of my way to hide the tubs behind panels in the trunk so it would look relatively stock.

That’s what I was thinking of doing for my car some thin plywood wrapped in carpet or vinyl . But just smooth no fancy console style like yours