What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I believe he's in the UK
10 points to the man in the corner

Indeed I am.

Annual check on all cars over 3 years old. It's good as it picks things up that you may otherwise miss but it's bad in that a fail means the car can't be driven on the streets until it's fixed.

There's also advisories which are minor things you need to get sorted at some point but if not looked at could be a fail next year.

Meh.

TMW

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got the new windshield on the Lexus tinted. This time, we had the entire thing tinted 50% and then added a 5% strip.

View attachment 37215

My wife is sitting in the car! Can’t hardly see her.
Totally illegal in Kali. Rearward of the front seats only. Of course tons of people (ie, the wealthy in their Tesla’s; gangsters and shit bags in their punk-ass cars)do it and rarely get cited for it because the police out here are too busy with real shit to bother with it to write “fix it@ tickets.

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
Tinted windshields are illegal in Florida too but I get the reasoning for it. I stop for it but I hardly write tickets for it. I don’t write tickets for tint. My agency’s policy is that they need x amount of warning before a citation can be written anyway.

95opal

Reaction score
Connected the switch panel and started configuring it until the 20 year old red top gave up. Going to hunt down a yellow top tomorrow so I can finish what I started.IMG_20240901_123211487_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20240901_123012480_HDR.jpg

07GtS197

Reaction score
Relax. It’s not illegal here with a written declaration about a sun sensitivity from a primary physician.
Same here in Florida. I’ve only come across one person that had one. Otherwise I just give warnings anyway. Besides, the f150 I had had a really dark tinted windshield. It would be quite hypocritical to write a ticket for me to write someone else a ticket. Plus it looks cool lol.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Totally illegal in Kali. Rearward of the front seats only. Of course tons of people (ie, the wealthy in their Tesla’s; gangsters and shit bags in their punk-ass cars)do it and rarely get cited for it because the police out here are too busy with real shit to bother with it to write “fix it@ tickets.
I had legal tint when I lived in California and got multiple fix it tickets even though it was legal tint. I had a a 2000 Camaro Z28 lowered with Black Z06 Motorsport wheels so I looked like a drug dealer. My favorite one was being on a date with a blonde hooters waitress in Fremont and get pulled over and when I roll down the windows the cop sees a white guy in a collared shirt with a clean cut blonde he lets out and audible Oh! Then he gives me the tint ticket because he knew he wasn't going to find any drugs. Point being these cops that you think have better shit to do gave me tint tickets on numerous occasions. These days they probably don't pull people over for tint because they're afraid of getting shot and aren't willing to get shot for tint.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Amazon came through in a pinch. Finished the control arm bushings along with the X2s, poly rack bushings, Steeda Comp front springs, J&M Camber plates and KYB struts. The front brake calipers are almost fully seized and the wheel look key broke while trying to take the rear wheels off. Still have to put the Steeda Anti roll bar on the front and bump steer kit along with the cobra brakes, but such a huge leap in actually working on the car. #labordayweekend
IMG_20240902_162603075.jpgIMG_20240902_200631432_HDR.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
10 points to the man in the corner

Indeed I am.

Annual check on all cars over 3 years old. It's good as it picks things up that you may otherwise miss but it's bad in that a fail means the car can't be driven on the streets until it's fixed.

There's also advisories which are minor things you need to get sorted at some point but if not looked at could be a fail next year.

Meh.

TMW

I don’t think it’s good at all . That’s just my opinion these annual inspections are usually done by rejects

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had legal tint when I lived in California and got multiple fix it tickets even though it was legal tint. I had a a 2000 Camaro Z28 lowered with Black Z06 Motorsport wheels so I looked like a drug dealer. My favorite one was being on a date with a blonde hooters waitress in Fremont and get pulled over and when I roll down the windows the cop sees a white guy in a collared shirt with a clean cut blonde he lets out and audible Oh! Then he gives me the tint ticket because he knew he wasn't going to find any drugs. Point being these cops that you think have better shit to do gave me tint tickets on numerous occasions. These days they probably don't pull people over for tint because they're afraid of getting shot and aren't willing to get shot for tint.

Yea we’ve got some cops here that target tint . The one cop gave me a lecture all yelling at me at a gas station about my tint. Ever since he’s been named officer window tint . That’s illegal ! I know it is . He’s like why do it then if you know it’s illegal because I like how it looks