What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

GTamas

Reaction score
Tried replacing the EGR valve. Failed at removing the nut from the pipe. It's in such an awkward place, it's difficult to put force on the wrench. Gonna give the penetrating oil a day to creep in and then will try again tomorrow.

(Any advice or tips are more than welcome :) )
Screenshot_20240624_220859_Gallery.jpg

GTamas

Reaction score
Tried replacing the EGR valve. Failed at removing the nut from the pipe. It's in such an awkward place, it's difficult to put force on the wrench. Gonna give the penetrating oil a day to creep in and then will try again tomorrow.

View attachment 35913
Woohoo, got it off! A night soaking in WD40, a few gentle whacks from a small hammer and got it moving with a big wrench. :)

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's been busy so got to change the battery today.

View attachment 35909

Yuasa YBX3113 is 175 mm from bottom to top of the posts.

It was a direct fit and left 15...20 mm room to inside of the hood.
I was very satisfied with the Yuasa I put in my Harley a while back. No longer have the bike, but I bet the battery is still good!

07GtS197

Reaction score
Anyone have a spare bolt for the hood prop rod? Or a part number or even a size and thread pitch? Should be the same for all sn95’s otherwise it’s for my 03.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a spare bolt for the hood prop rod? Or a part number or even a size and thread pitch? Should be the same for all sn95’s otherwise it’s for my 03.
Shit man, I wish you said this two weeks ago. I just tossed mine. That said I put MRT hood struts on which are cheap and super easy to install. That would also solve your problem.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Those are 6mm x 16mm and 1.0 pitch. They are a common body panel thread pitch for the cars. However, that is a 8mm hex head where most others are 10mm hex, but they all work. Make sure of the length because it needs to penetrate the threaded clip.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 35913
Some nice offset wrenches would help

GTamas

Reaction score
Replaced the EGR. Cleaned MAF sensor with MAF-cleaner. Cleaned the air filter housing on the inside, there was some dried down dirt on it.

Waiting for tomorrow to put back the MAF and start up the engine.
20240625_214132.jpg20240625_214052.jpg20240625_215644.jpg

07GtS197

Reaction score
Shit man, I wish you said this two weeks ago. I just tossed mine. That said I put MRT hood struts on which are cheap and super easy to install. That would also solve your problem.
I was thinking about that but I’m trying to do this as frugally as possible for the moment lol. Thanks for the suggestion!
Those are 6mm x 16mm and 1.0 pitch. They are a common body panel thread pitch for the cars. However, that is a 8mm hex head where most others are 10mm hex, but they all work. Make sure of the length because it needs to penetrate the threaded clip.
Is the core support not threaded?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I might, off my ‘95 Cobra. I removed the hood prop rad for shocks and may still have. I’ll check later and let you know
think I found it… look right? 8mm head

image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 7

joemomma

Reaction score
Bought an EGR replacement, hoping that will cure my CEL. Code reader was 332 for EGR, so hopefully this is it. I have a delete kit (sensor plug and block off plate) - I tried just the sensor plug but the light still came on. Must be something else in the system, so I'll replace everything and see what happens.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Got my dual fuel pump setup installed today . What i thought was going to be quick and easy wasn’t the case . Lots of trial and error . Was nice to hear it running again . It’s only running on one of the 450’s right now . Need to grab a relay from the parts store tomorrow and wire it up and then use an output on the Holley to kick it the second pump on at 5-7 psi .

07GtS197

Reaction score
I charged the ac in the 15 gt. I noticed it wasn’t working that well when the ambient temps are above 85*. Even though the low side was good the high side was very high. I adjusted the pressure and now it works pretty well. Ambient temp of 95* and it got down to the upper 40s out the vents. Not bad.

GTamas

Reaction score
Installed the heat shields on the new mufflers. They will be pit under the car on Tuesday next week. After that I hope to have solved all the vacuum and exhaust leaks.
20240628_205409.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy GT

Members online