Which rims

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
oh no, not more mainstream Mustang wheels!
would you relax dude. no ones dissing oem style wheels. just saying why is it that sn owners only like oem style wheels. but some do some dont, every one is different and some oem style wheels do look good. like i said from the jump....saleens are the best looking oems imo! i personally would love to see some sn's with different shit though. so many wheels will fit. why strictly stick with oems if your gonna change the wheels any way? and usually if someone does step ouut of the oem box with wheels, bumpers, side skirts...etc. they dont get much love, lol! sorry if i offended you though dude. i like your wheels and think your car looks great. especially your headliner! kudos on that btw!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks bro, and I am relaxed lol. Even though you don't have typical Mustang wheels yours do resemble Bullitts quite a bit, so yes it looks different but not exactly way outside the box... I'm not offended though, it's all in good fun.

VT_svt

Reaction score
I for one also agree with the performance aspect of this. However, as a *disclaimer*, everyone has their own preference, so I'm not knocking anyone here. For some people, performance far outweighs the unique look of a different wheel. When you can piece together a turbo kit or a supercharger for the same price as some CCWs with tires all around, I'm gonna stick with a power adder, others may not. I for one (and I know I'm gonna catch shit for this) am selling my TF Chicanes (and yes i picked up DD Black Cobra Rs) because 1) I can't afford tires right now for 18s and am a little strapped for cash 2) got new wheels and tires for $350 and 3) am trying to free up money to start a build on a new motor or piece together a turbo kit. It just seems like a lot of people are knocking on people's personal preference here, which is not the point of this site. There's something to be said for a unique looking car, clearly, but when a unique looking car gets walked at the strip by a uniquely modded car, there's something to be said for that too. Their money went somewhere else, which is exactly where they wanted it to go. Just my point of view and my $0.02, obviously not everyone will agree or has too, which is the best part of "uniqueness".

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^well this thread wasnt about performance but wheels. so nobody really asked which was more important to you, no offense. he was wanting some opinions on wheels and narrowed it down to oem style wheels, so the "debate" began on wheels other oem. think he already chose some saleens anyhow. also headlights were up for debate. but yea performance is also important, i dont think you have to sacrifice appearance to make your car fast!!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thanks bro, and I am relaxed lol. Even though you don't have typical Mustang wheels yours do resemble Bullitts quite a bit, so yes it looks different but not exactly way outside the box... I'm not offended though, it's all in good fun.
yea bullits resemble a ton of wheels! but if you look mine are actually alot different. longer spokes, more narrow spokes, the lip has no step up to the spokes and bullitts do. and the finish on the lip is more polished on mine. and the finish on the spokes are gloss where mine are flat. which i like the gloss finish on the bullitts better!

5391482036_40d7b82299-1.jpg

120607_085053-1-1.jpg

VT_svt

Reaction score
^well this thread wasnt about performance but wheels. so nobody really asked which was more important to you, no offense. he was wanting some opinions on wheels and narrowed it down to oem style wheels, so the "debate" began on wheels other oem. think he already chose some saleens anyhow. also headlights were up for debate. but yea performance is also important, i dont think you have to sacrifice appearance to make your car fast!!

None taken whatsoever, one or two people just mentioned that they would rather put the money into performance and I was simply agreeing, shoulda quoted. I definitely agree with the fact that you don't have to sacrifice appearance to make your car fast! I

VT_svt

Reaction score

None taken whatsoever, one or two people just mentioned that they would rather put the money into performance and I was simply agreeing, shoulda quoted. I definitely agree with the fact that you don't have to sacrifice appearance to make your car fast! I

acomaelkhunter

Reaction score

i like chrome but went with polished aluminum for performance!

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I would just widen the stockers(as someone before me mentioned.) I've never seen anyone do that before. And get them powder coated a nice deep/lustrous silver...

OP
OP
Late4Work

Late4Work

Reaction score
Would love to have some centerlines but not just yet