1995 GT

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
color me impressed. That is one hell of a machine you have built or are building. It has been fun to watch the progress.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks Scott . It’s a never ending project , it’s been a lot of fun learning how to tune . Hoping to get out in a few weeks for some more passes at the track to see if the changes are working.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
tuning is a fun challenge, as long as it is working lol. I am dying to get back into mine but I dislocated my shoulder a few months ago and now I still have problems with my arms up/over my head where I need them to finish the wiring. I have an mri thurs to figure out the next step. I have not opened the tuning for so long I am a little afraid....

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
tuning is a fun challenge, as long as it is working lol. I am dying to get back into mine but I dislocated my shoulder a few months ago and now I still have problems with my arms up/over my head where I need them to finish the wiring. I have an mri thurs to figure out the next step. I have not opened the tuning for so long I am a little afraid....

That’s rough . I already don’t like wiring to begin with so I wouldn’t be doing it either with a bummed out shoulder . My good friend who helped me with tuning the car yesterday also did the same thing to his shoulder a few weeks back . Normally he said they just pop it back in and he’s good . Wasn’t the case this last time .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have sprained, strained or disclocated every other joint in my body I think(because of my EDS condition I literally wake up with joints dislocated) but I have never done a shoulder before. I never realized how much I use it but now I need to be up under the pass side of the dash so I will be either leaning on it or trying to use it above my head and I can't do those without making noises that I do not want to make. It is getting better, until then I live vicariously through builds on here.

Shit I should send you my dragy to use and make some vids with. I literally got it maybe a week before the car went down, it has been sitting there since....

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did a half ass draggy pass today on bald ass tires was funny .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think we all know that spinning ain't winning, but it sure can be fun in the right environment!

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
My fuel system parts showed up . Some other goodies as well . My 7 days off start on Wednesday so I’ll get the car back together and running for the July 12th races .
IMG_0729.jpegIMG_0728.jpeg

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is that for a fuel cell or are cutting the stock tank?

I’ve gotta modified stock tank for a fuel cell pump setups my friend bought the tank new used it for a year and half before switching to a cell .

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Oh! That’s awesome! I like that setup a lot. That hat you got looks good too. Does the stock pump basket stay in the tank or do you need to run Holley hydramat in there to keep them from starving?

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh! That’s awesome! I like that setup a lot. That hat you got looks good too. Does the stock pump basket stay in the tank or do you need to run Holley hydramat in there to keep them from starving?

It stays in there this is how my buddy had it setup on his 1100 hp fox . I only race my car with a full tank as well as I usually run no prep surfaces so the extra weight helps . IMG_7955.jpeg

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well no time to waste after last weeks pathetic outing on a sticky surface . IMG_0987.jpeg Car dead hooked the tire every pass with a 3.55 gear and 28” slick . So we went a few gear ratios up . 6300 rpm on the two step and it still stuck . IMG_0987.jpegIMG_0989.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I admire your dedication and energy on this. I use to have endless energy and I think I used up too much too fast or something.....

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks it’s been a fun project . Picking away at it and knocking the et down . Scored these 4.56’s for $175cad new in the box couldn’t go wrong . I mainly 8th mile the car so these should work great . If I do hit the 1/4 mile track I’m just Goona spin it 7000 if need be it will go 127mph . Last year I went 11.22 at 122 so should be fine and that was with a not so hot 60ft.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
So up from 3.55 to 4.56 huh? That should be noticeable lol.

What was so pathetic about your last outing?

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
So up from 3.55 to 4.56 huh? That should be noticeable lol.

What was so pathetic about your last outing?
The car dead hooked the tire at 2 step at 5300-rpm all the way to 6300 and fell on its face . 2.87 first gear 3.55 rear gear and a 28” tire didn’t work well . I was damn near a whole second slower then the no prep in April . The tiny bit of wheel speed helped the car not bog down and roll out . I still wanted more gear at the no prep so this should be the ticket .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milford Mustang

Members online