Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
O ok well I'm closer 2 doing this Pi Swap as far as right now im just putting regular Pi heads(non port) then I'm get some ported heads and drop them in there but I got a question for u guys I brought a used Pi intake not 2 long ago for 70$ with the aliminum crossover but yesterday when i was cleaning it I notice a lil oil sitting on the inside is that normal or do i need 2 get out or what??

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
J.R. said:
its normal, ust hose it out with brake cleaner
You can use Brake Cleaner to clean anything huh LOL....... But ummm how hard is it 2 install the Pi intake I want 2 install it myself with one of my mustang buddies I'm not amechanic or anything but I know my way around the 4.6 what yall think

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Intake manifolds are easy, I sure have had to pull mine enough.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
Intake manifolds are easy, I sure have had to pull mine enough.
Im finna get ready to Install my pi intake I was gone wait till I got my Ported heads but that want be till next month sometime so could u tell a difference without the pi heads

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Ok so me and one of my race buddies are going to install my Pi Intake probably not next sat but the sat after that which give me enough time to find out any helpful info.....So I can make sure we do this right the first time I need to know anything about installing the Pi intake.... I got the Pi installation kit is there anything else I need.....any modifications.....need any sealant...what I need to watch out for....... Any info would help this my first time....Thanks

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Ok so me and one of my race buddies are going to install my Pi Intake probably not next sat but the sat after that which give me enough time to find out any helpful info.....So I can make sure we do this right the first time I need to know anything about installing the Pi intake.... I got the Pi installation kit is there anything else I need.....any modifications.....need any sealant...what I need to watch out for....... Any info would help this my first time....Thanks

Hey, I had found this some time ago when I was researching info on the swap. It's an awesome thread about installing the PI IM. Hope it helps U out :thumb:

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3833004/tm.htm

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
That thread answered everything i needed to know ha ha thanks simplyme0484 but I dont have a EGR gasket, Heater Hose, or the O rings for the injectors

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
That thread answered everything i needed to know ha ha thanks simplyme0484 but I dont have a EGR gasket, Heater Hose, or the O rings for the injectors

Well what you can do is eliminate the EGR, thats what did.

The O-rings you can find them cheep over at a Ford Parts Dealership

The Heater hose, which I'm assuming is the one that goes under the IM right, well that one I also eliminate cause I live in PR so there is no way I'm using the heater :hammer: :hammer: But it's a PITA to find it and to find it cheep as well. I've heard $40 for the ford dealer, so that sucks. You could always go to a machine shop and make them do one 4 U in aluminum tubbing :thumb:

PS: the car is been dismantle as we speak :noes: :noes: :noes:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
So I dont need the EGR gasket right but I do need the o rings and the heater hose(as for winter) right

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
So I dont need the EGR gasket right but I do need the o rings and the heater hose(as for winter) right

Well if your gona keep the EGR, then U need the gasket, but the EGR is not important AT ALL, so no just get rid of it :thumb:

Yeah, U do need the O-rings and the heater hose

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

Well if your gona keep the EGR, then U need the gasket, but the EGR is not important AT ALL, so no just get rid of it :thumb:

Yeah, U do need the O-rings and the heater hose
Well I guess ima go over to the ford dealership to get the o rings and the heater hose tomorrow but what is the egr anyway ha ha

intmdtr

Reaction score
I have 302rwhp and this is what i have had done. i own a 96 GT had 200k on it. pulled the motor, freshened it up, not bored, replaced stock pistons and rings with new stockers. purchased a set of PI heads and had a stage 3 port and polish. Comp cams stage 2 cam with beehive springs, PI intake, Accufab 75mm TB and plenum, JLT cold air intake, Steeda UD pulleys, SLP headers, OR X pipe and LMII exhaust. SCT XCAL 3 tuner with 91 octane tune. ran 302rwhp with 323 ft/lbs trq off the juice. rwhp is over 400 on the 150 shot.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
intmdtr said:
I have 302rwhp and this is what i have had done. i own a 96 GT had 200k on it. pulled the motor, freshened it up, not bored, replaced stock pistons and rings with new stockers. purchased a set of PI heads and had a stage 3 port and polish. Comp cams stage 2 cam with beehive springs, PI intake, Accufab 75mm TB and plenum, JLT cold air intake, Steeda UD pulleys, SLP headers, OR X pipe and LMII exhaust. SCT XCAL 3 tuner with 91 octane tune. ran 302rwhp with 323 ft/lbs trq off the juice. rwhp is over 400 on the 150 shot.
Nice :thumb: Cant wait till i get over 300rwhp :hammer: havent had any problems out of the 150 shot

simplyme0484

Reaction score
Finally, on Monday I get to see if it was just a gasket that broke, or if there R more issues :nonono: If its only the gasket, hopefully it will be up and running on Friday :thumb:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
Finally, on Monday I get to see if it was just a gasket that broke, or if there R more issues :nonono: If its only the gasket, hopefully it will be up and running on Friday :thumb:
Hopefully it wasn't nothing to bad so u can hurry up and get that 4.6 back on the road.......After u get your car back is you going to get it dyno tuned

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
Hopefully it wasn't nothing to bad so u can hurry up and get that 4.6 back on the road.......After u get your car back is you going to get it dyno tuned

Yeah man... It already was tune, but since the new radiator and tranny cooler are being installed, the weekend after Friday, I might take it to the dyno and see if I beat the 300rwhp mark :thumb:

I'll keep U posted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.