Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Depends on what you wanna do with the car, and how you use it. 3.73 would be the minimum I would run with those cams, but if it's just a fun driver, and will only see the strip a few times a year, then you made the right choice.

Alot of car stuff comes down to what you are willing to live with. I live 8 miles from work, so I'll deal with an "oversized cam" too much converter, and too much gear, because it's funny to me, and I have a poopy little Caliber to drive if it really bothers me that much. 3.73's are a good starting point, and you can probably recoup most of the cost of the gear's if you decide you need more.

I'm going to put up a thread in the lounge detailing what I offer, the services, etc, and they can just move it over to my forum when Matt get's around to giving me one.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
(J.R) But yeah I see what u mean...... As far as job I stay like less than a mile ha ha and right now I dont really visit the track yet...... I'm trying wait till I finish up on my build before I go so it probably want be till next summer before I attend the Track often......but yeah

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Justinschmidt1 Dont get me wrong I dont have anything against F/I cars at all I'm just a N/A guy which is why i posted this thread....... Just put it like this if somebody put two of the same mustangs side by side one was 500hp N/A and the other 500hp F/I I'm picking the N/A one thats just me but I mean eventually I'm end up with a blower anyway lol...... If not a stroker motor them stroker engine be putting out some crazy numbers ha ha but yeah how much power u putting down....

yea...too bad its impossible to make 500 hp n/a on a 4.6....maybe get a 6.8 v10 modular with ported heads, cams, and a good intake and you could do it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
98mstanggt said:
Justinschmidt1 Dont get me wrong I dont have anything against F/I cars at all I'm just a N/A guy which is why i posted this thread....... Just put it like this if somebody put two of the same mustangs side by side one was 500hp N/A and the other 500hp F/I I'm picking the N/A one thats just me but I mean eventually I'm end up with a blower anyway lol...... If not a stroker motor them stroker engine be putting out some crazy numbers ha ha but yeah how much power u putting down....

yea...too bad its impossible to make 500 hp n/a on a 4.6....maybe get a 6.8 v10 modular with ported heads, cams, and a good intake and you could do it.

If someone gave me their credit card I could do it.

simplyme0484

Reaction score
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:
98mstanggt said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear you on that one.
Hey JR, Im basically going to be hitting the track maybe one time every 6 months. I personally love to street race like crazy :dancing6: Thats why I choose 274 cams, 3.73 and a 2600 converter to go with it. All I have to do when cruising the highway, is turn off the overdrive buttom, see the rpm's go to 3700, and WOT it like crazy :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
With the 274 cam your not going to have enough stall. The 2600 stall is a STOCK stall converter.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:
98mstanggt said:

LOL I didn't remember saying nothing about a 4.6 not one time I was giving an example smart ass LOL

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Which set of Ported heads is best 2 go with or is it cheaper to just get some Pi heads and get them Ported.......

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im upgrading to a 1800 stall converter tommarow...should add a few tenths and keep me in the 13s

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Man Ive been working my ass off saving up for this build LOL I still havent decided if ima buy some ported heads or just buy some pi heads and get them ported which would be cheaper

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Man Ive been working my ass off saving up for this build LOL I still havent decided if ima buy some ported heads or just buy some pi heads and get them ported which would be cheaper

It's 6 one way and a half dozen the other really. My port program is done, just need to find a sucker...errr, test engineer to try them out.

First person from this forum with 1700 bucks, get's them, shipped, no core charge. Gotta do a before and after dyno run though. Or track runs, I don't care which.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
J.R. said:
98mstanggt said:

It's 6 one way and a half dozen the other really. My port program is done, just need to find a sucker...errr, test engineer to try them out.

First person from this forum with 1700 bucks, get's them, shipped, no core charge. Gotta do a before and after dyno run though. Or track runs, I don't care which.
So u sell ported heads and u port heads??? And what all Come on the heads for example valves springs, etc

And simplyme0484 what's the deal with car now i need 2 see some numbers LOL

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
J.R. said:
98mstanggt said:

So u sell ported heads and u port heads??? And what all Come on the heads for example valves springs, etc

And simplyme0484 what's the deal with car now i need 2 see some numbers LOL

Yep, the heads will be complete, with Manley Nextek springs, steel retainers, ready to run up to .580 lift on each side, new lifters, new everything, since I used new heads to start with.

Do you have the ability to have them on and tested, with documentation by the end of August? The price is a special price for active SN95forum mebers, who can post their results before and after.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Willis_98GT said:
man, want a car?? to trade for the heads? lol i'll do a hp test and a track test.. :boink:

If you knew how many car's I have, you'd poop, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online