Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
My phone want let me quote ha ha but yeah I heard 4.10 where better for auto equipped cars but I still got 3.73 anyway but yeah where did u get your larger trans cooler from n how much was it

I got it from MURPHY AUTOMOTIVE, they are an Ebay seller, and I got it for $33 shipped :thumb:
Great deal man, couldn't let it pass.
O ok might have to check that out is there a certain size trans cooler to look??? :dunno: and yeah i usually buy stuff from ebay 2 you usually can find some very good deals on there :thumb: not 2 long ago i let some 274h comp cams get away for $350 brand new :crying: im still mad i didnt get them :hammer: but its cool i've also been thinking about displacement lately i know if i add a 3.75 crankshaft that will put me at 5.0L im do some more research to see what i need to do/is it worth to try and get 5.4 cause i know the 4.6 and 5.4 is the same block just different bore and stroke comibination

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
My phone want let me quote ha ha but yeah I heard 4.10 where better for auto equipped cars but I still got 3.73 anyway but yeah where did u get your larger trans cooler from n how much was it

I got it from MURPHY AUTOMOTIVE, they are an Ebay seller, and I got it for $33 shipped :thumb:
Great deal man, couldn't let it pass.
O ok might have to check that out is there a certain size trans cooler to look??? :dunno: and yeah i usually buy stuff from ebay 2 you usually can find some very good deals on there :thumb: not 2 long ago i let some 274h comp cams get away for $350 brand new :crying: im still mad i didnt get them :hammer: but its cool i've also been thinking about displacement lately i know if i add a 3.75 crankshaft that will put me at 5.0L im do some more research to see what i need to do/is it worth to try and get 5.4 cause i know the 4.6 and 5.4 is the same block just different bore and stroke comibination

Yeah man, almost 95% of my stuff came frm Ebay, awesome and ridiculous deals :thumb: I feel you on the cams, I got mine at that same price :hammer:

On the cooler, they categorize it by towing capacity. A heavy duty one would be up to 2500 lbs a mild one 2000 lbs and soft one 1500 lbs. GO with the heavy duty, it extends the life of your tranny :thumb:

Hey on the 5.4L, I would think about it. Don't get me wrong, I love power and the feel of it, but the cams and higher compression will be consuming a lot of gas already, and i you add the bump to 5.4L, it will be drinking gas like tequilla shots :hammer: :hammer:

Think it over thoo :thumb:

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
the actual block is almost and inch taller on a 5.4 so you have intake and header issues...

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
the actual block is almost and inch taller on a 5.4 so you have intake and header issues...
Yeah now that yall mention the issues and gas maybe i want do that :hammer: but i just was thinking about it but yeah it would be easier to just work on my lil 4.6 anyway :hammer: but yeah ima get a larger trans cooler and a 2400 stall converter i've been thinking of throwing some 31 axles in the rear just some added insurance for when my power level get up :hammer:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
MustangMatt96GT said:
Yeah now that yall mention the issues and gas maybe i want do that :hammer: but i just was thinking about it but yeah it would be easier to just work on my lil 4.6 anyway :hammer: but yeah ima get a larger trans cooler and a 2400 stall converter i've been thinking of throwing some 31 axles in the rear just some added insurance for when my power level get up :hammer:

You mean, like 4200 rpm converter right? Because the stock one flashes at 2700.. Unles you swapped a Powerstroke in, you may want a higher stall.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
J.R. said:
98mstanggt said:
MustangMatt96GT said:

You mean, like 4200 rpm converter right? Because the stock one flashes at 2700.. Unles you swapped a Powerstroke in, you may want a higher stall.
all I know is the cams I'm getting require a 2000+ stall flash and I'm getting a 2400 stall lol

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, all cams say that crap like it's still 1978 and converter's flash at 1800 rpm. Your stock converter flashes at 2700 rpm, if you get a 2400, you just stepped down.

simplyme0484

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Yeah, all cams say that crap like it's still 1978 and converter's flash at 1800 rpm. Your stock converter flashes at 2700 rpm, if you get a 2400, you just stepped down.

Hey J.R.

I don't know about that... I've always heard that our tranny's (98 at least) have a 1700 stall, and I feel it everytime I drive around. If it were to have a 2700 stall, the car would launch like crazy everytime you're from the dig, even with the stock gears.....
I aint hating nor dissing :thumb:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
J.R. said:

Hey J.R.

I don't know about that... I've always heard that our tranny's (98 at least) have a 1700 stall, and I feel it everytime I drive around. If it were to have a 2700 stall, the car would launch like crazy everytime you're from the dig, even with the stock gears.....
I aint hating nor dissing :thumb:

Cool, :thumb:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Yeah glad yall cleared that up cause idk nothing about Torque Converter Lol but yeah if I the pi head changing kit and pi intake kit I shouldn't have any problem with the pi swap right

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
correction, the dipstick will be trouble, unless you've got 4 hands.

The PI swap is involved, just take your time with it.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
So i need to watch out for the dipstick gotta it :hammer: I should just wait and do the pi swap and cams all together that the easiest and cheapest route right............. I need to hurry up and get some more power i got beat by a HONDA with a built 4cyl motor (vtec what ever that hell that is) :hammer:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Ok right now Im saving up a lil bit more money and getting all my parts together My next install is going 2 be (below)......Hopefully i can get this done soon :thumb:

Pi Swap
274h Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
2400 Stall Converter

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I know I have the old dyno push rods but I hope to be putting down close to 400 at the wheels very soon

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Ok right now Im saving up a lil bit more money and getting all my parts together My next install is going 2 be (below)......Hopefully i can get this done soon :thumb:

Pi Swap
274h Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
2400 Stall Converter

Great news man :thumb: That pony is getting ready to burn rubber like crazy... :hammer:
I'm returning from vacation on Monday, and my car is getting dismantle as we speak so :noes: :noes: :noes: Soon it will be back to life. Heres what I'm doing to it:

Aluminum Radiator
Tranny Cooler
2400-2600 Stall Converter
Port the Typhoon IM

simplyme0484

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
I know I have the old dyno push rods but I hope to be putting down close to 400 at the wheels very soon

Good man :thumb: Is that N/A or r u going F/I????

Still 400rwhp is freaking great :thumb:

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
N/A All the way :thumb:

I should be at 380, I hope :hammer: I wont really know until I go to the dyno. Just hope it turns out to be worth it b/c of all the money I have put into this project

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love how everyone ignores JR when he tells them the stock stall is 2700....

the stock stall in our cars flashes at 2400 - 2700....anything below a 3500 stall in a 4.6 is worthless.

Listen to the man.

You guys are idiots if you put a 2400-2600 stall in a 4.6 mustang

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.