Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
DropTopPony said:
I was at 285rwhp through my auto N/A a few years back.

I was running VT st2 heads and Comp 270ah cams on a stock NPI shortblock. Steeda Pullies, dynomax shorts/basanni x pipe/borla catback/ C&L plenum & CAI/ BBK 75mm TB/ Livewires ignition-wire setup/ denso iridium plugs and a bunch of other crap...with a SCT tune.

Want over 300 rwhp in a laughable manner and got money? Buy this......

FRPP heads, $800 a piece, get them ported What another $900?

A Medium range Comp cam, not to aggressive $600

BIG BORE Short block, $4,500

P-51 Intake With an adapter for the FRPP heads $1,200

Parts $7,950 bucks not including more parts to do the job right. And the port work and other labor is probably another $2,000. So for $9,950 bucks, will say $11,000 k all said and done. You can have over EASY 350rwhp Hell 400 RWHP with that combo tuned right.
If i was to spend 11k it would be definately F/I............. This my Setup

Ported Pi heads
Pi Intake(for now)
274h Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long tube Headers
Mac off h pipe
Flowmaster Cat back
2400 Tci Stall Converter
24lb injectors
190lph Fuel pump
9mm wires
Msd Coil Packs
BBk Cold Air Intake
75mm t/b w upper plenum
Ud pulleys
Sct x3 tune
3.73 gears
31 axles/diff

Ima start upgrading internals and suspension next.......... Im use the stock block just get it bored and add new pistons, rods, etc

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Right now im getting ready to do the Pi swap i should have it done not 2 long from now.........just need 2 get my head changing kit :thumb:

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Right now im getting ready to do the Pi swap i should have it done not 2 long from now.........just need 2 get my head changing kit :thumb:

Thats awesome man :thumb: I only had mine for one day before it broke down and I loved it :hammer: Trusts me that when you here thoose cams for the 1 times you'll be drowling :hammer:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Yeah can't wait to install does cams..... But I forgot I have to get a higher stall torque converter cause my car is automatic...... I've been thinking about using smaller cams that don't require a higher stall but I'm trying to get as much power as possible so I'm just gonna have save up for that converter I guess plus I'll have quicker shifts anyway

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Yeah can't wait to install does cams..... But I forgot I have to get a higher stall torque converter cause my car is automatic...... I've been thinking about using smaller cams that don't require a higher stall but I'm trying to get as much power as possible so I'm just gonna have save up for that converter I guess plus I'll have quicker shifts anyway

Dude don't go with lower cams, you will be reagreting later. I got a 2600 stall converter for mine. I didnt want something so big either, so 2600-2800 (tops) is what I would recommend 4 U.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

Dude don't go with lower cams, you will be reagreting later. I got a 2600 stall converter for mine. I didnt want something so big either, so 2600-2800 (tops) is what I would recommend 4 U.
I'm sticking with 274h comp cams I just was having a cheap moment at the time LOL..... U have a automatic 2?????? Which torque converter u used n how much u paid for it

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

I'm sticking with 274h comp cams I just was having a cheap moment at the time LOL..... U have a automatic 2?????? Which torque converter u used n how much u paid for it

Yeah man, that happens :hammer: :hammer:It hurts when the money just fly away. Mines an Auto too :wall: :wall: I bought mine from RoadRunner Converters Company. I took a 2400-2600 stall for $240 shipped <<<<<New>>>>> I can give you their number if your interested. Just let me know. :thumb:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

Yeah man, that happens :hammer: :hammer:It hurts when the money just fly away. Mines an Auto too :wall: :wall: I bought mine from RoadRunner Converters Company. I took a 2400-2600 stall for $240 shipped <<<<<New>>>>> I can give you their number if your interested. Just let me know. :thumb:
Sound like a pretty good deal.............Yeah do they have a website??? If not whats the number and another thing do u (anybody) have any gears in the rear if so which ones me and a mechanic got in a heated discussion about them today :hammer:

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll be making over 300 to the wheels in the next couple weeks... I'm using an MMR 1100 shortblock with 18cc dish pistons, stage III VT cams, stage II ported P.I. heads, and a port-matched P.I. intake. Do you guys think it'll make the power?

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
bottlefed97 said:
Hopefully I'll be making over 300 to the wheels in the next couple weeks... I'm using an MMR 1100 shortblock with 18cc dish pistons, stage III VT cams, stage II ported P.I. heads, and a port-matched P.I. intake. Do you guys think it'll make the power?
Yeah sound like a pretty good setup..... As long as u have full exhaust and good tune you should definitely be over 300rwhp

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

Sound like a pretty good deal.............Yeah do they have a website??? If not whats the number and another thing do u (anybody) have any gears in the rear if so which ones me and a mechanic got in a heated discussion about them today :hammer:

Their website is:
http://www.roadrunnerconverters.com/

Their number is:
800-994-2301

Yeah, I had installed 3.73 gears on the back when doing the swap. What was the discussion with the mechanic :dunno:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Im sending this from phone so can't really get into details but me n one of my homeboys went to shop to meet his uncle n the owner walk in my homeboys ask him how much he charge 2 install gears (cause havent put mine in yet) but he said $185 so I was like cool...... So he ask what gears n car I had so I told him so I told him 98 gt 4.6 n 3.73 gears then he just went off LOL........ Saying them gears 2 big, not for daily driven cars, he wouldn't change the gears and all that and I'm thinking 2 myself this my car my money but yeah n gas gone drop like 5 miles mpg from what it is now...... For example 20 to 15....... Then he start trying say stuff that about cars/gears that he thought I didnt know but i surpraised him saw the look on his face LOL.....So my question is how is gas with gears and what all do u need cause I got the gear kit..... Did u need to recabl the gears or anything else that might need 2 know

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Im sending this from phone so can't really get into details but me n one of my homeboys went to shop to meet his uncle n the owner walk in my homeboys ask him how much he charge 2 install gears (cause havent put mine in yet) but he said $185 so I was like cool...... So he ask what gears n car I had so I told him so I told him 98 gt 4.6 n 3.73 gears then he just went off LOL........ Saying them gears 2 big, not for daily driven cars, he wouldn't change the gears and all that and I'm thinking 2 myself this my car my money but yeah n gas gone drop like 5 miles mpg from what it is now...... For example 20 to 15....... Then he start trying say stuff that about cars/gears that he thought I didnt know but i surpraised him saw the look on his face LOL.....So my question is how is gas with gears and what all do u need cause I got the gear kit..... Did u need to recabl the gears or anything else that might need 2 know

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: Aw man, that funny shit right there.... 3.73 AREN"T to big for a DD, no chance in hell. And for auto's, most of the guys put 4.10 with no problems. My dad has a 4.10 on his Roush (auto tranny), and he couldn't be happier. With the 3.73 you won't lose 5 mpg, maybe 2 and thats pushing it hard. Form what I have heard, 4.10 can maybe reach -5mpg, but seriously it all comes down to how you drive it. I took the 3.73 cause with the converter, it good enough to jump form the dig. 4.10's are cool, I just didn't want to go all balls out everytime I'm on a red light :thumb:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
My phone want let me quote ha ha but yeah I heard 4.10 where better for auto equipped cars but I still got 3.73 anyway but yeah where did u get your larger trans cooler from n how much was it

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
My phone want let me quote ha ha but yeah I heard 4.10 where better for auto equipped cars but I still got 3.73 anyway but yeah where did u get your larger trans cooler from n how much was it

I got it from MURPHY AUTOMOTIVE, they are an Ebay seller, and I got it for $33 shipped :thumb:
Great deal man, couldn't let it pass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.