Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

simplyme0484

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
4.10s FTW.

Just got back from the track... previously ran a 15.3@89 MPH.

Ran a 14.3 @ 96 MPH tonight. This is at 5800 FT as well. The car has not been tuned yet, so i wasnt reving it but to 5700...
:lol:

Are you saying that you went down from 15.3@89mph to 14.3@96mph JUST WITH THE GEAR SWAP!!!!! :nonono:

simplyme0484

Reaction score
Opps... jokes on me, I'd forgot you finished your PI swap :wall: That for :happydrunks: so early in the day :hammer: Dude, get that sucker tuned, and you'll see a bigger difference, specially on the track. A 14.3@96 is still high, specially with your set up. You needed tunned ASAP!!!!! :thumb:

Knuckles281

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
Man i feel lefted out :hammer: Everybody getting there stuff installed n im still researching........But as soon as i get them pistons and couple more paychecks its on :hammer:

My goal is really to get 320 at the wheel................ But will See what happens

Ok i think this is my official Setup:

Engine Bored 0.020
Pistons
Stage 3 Ported PI Heads
PI Intake
274H Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long Tube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flow-Master Cat-Back
2400+ Stall
CAI
75mm T/B
Upper Plenum
3.55/3.73 Gears
24lb Injectors
190lph Fuel Pump
UD Pulleys
Tune

Nice man, great set-up :thumb: Don't worry, you'll get it finished in no time soon. Go with the 3.73 tho.
Look for the Steeda Timing Adjuster, it helps alot when they tune up the car. And just to throw it out there, msd coil packs and 9mm wires wouldn't be a bad idea :dancing6:
Yeah im upgrading Ignition, wires, etc too :thumb: Forgot to put that in there......... and i was debating on the gears because i know out of the 3.55 and the 3.73.......the 3.73 got the best overall performance but as far highway cruising the 3.55 would be better but i probably just go with 3.73 gears anyway :dunno:

Yeah, but the difference is very small when comparing both. But when launching comes, 3.73 kicks ass. You won't be disapointed :thumb:
Besides, then you wont have to kill yourelf later when you say "Ah, I should have gone with the 3.73" :hammer:

I'm glad I went the 373 route, I thought about gettin 3.55's at first, too. SOOO Glad I didn't haha. Highway cruising is fine with the 3.73's BTW, unless you run like 120 on the interstate or something...

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
Opps... jokes on me, I'd forgot you finished your PI swap :wall: That for :happydrunks: so early in the day :hammer: Dude, get that sucker tuned, and you'll see a bigger difference, specially on the track. A 14.3@96 is still high, specially with your set up. You needed tunned ASAP!!!!! :thumb:

also at 5800 FT makes a huge differentce

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
Man i feel lefted out :hammer: Everybody getting there stuff installed n im still researching........But as soon as i get them pistons and couple more paychecks its on :hammer:

My goal is really to get 320 at the wheel................ But will See what happens

Engine Bored 0.020
Pistons
Stage 3 Ported PI Heads
PI Intake
274H Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long Tube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flow-Master Cat-Back
2400+ Stall
CAI
75mm T/B
Upper Plenum
3.55/3.73 Gears
24lb Injectors
190lph Fuel Pump
UD Pulleys
Tune

Nice man, great set-up :thumb: Don't worry, you'll get it finished in no time soon. Go with the 3.73 tho.
Look for the Steeda Timing Adjuster, it helps alot when they tune up the car. And just to throw it out there, msd coil packs and 9mm wires wouldn't be a bad idea :dancing6:
Yeah im upgrading Ignition, wires, etc too :thumb: Forgot to put that in there......... and i was debating on the gears because i know out of the 3.55 and the 3.73.......the 3.73 got the best overall performance but as far highway cruising the 3.55 would be better but i probably just go with 3.73 gears anyway :dunno:

Yeah, but the difference is very small when comparing both. But when launching comes, 3.73 kicks ass. You won't be disapointed :thumb:
Besides, then you wont have to kill yourelf later when you say "Ah, I should have gone with the 3.73" :hammer:

I'm glad I went the 373 route, I thought about gettin 3.55's at first, too. SOOO Glad I didn't haha. Highway cruising is fine with the 3.73's BTW, unless you run like 120 on the interstate or something...
Well look like 3.73 it is............ now that u mention highway cruising is fine........but anybody got any estimate on gear installation :dunno:

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Knuckles281 said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

Engine Bored 0.020
Pistons
Stage 3 Ported PI Heads
PI Intake
274H Comp Cams
Beehive Springs
Mac Long Tube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flow-Master Cat-Back
2400+ Stall
CAI
75mm T/B
Upper Plenum
3.55/3.73 Gears
24lb Injectors
190lph Fuel Pump
UD Pulleys
Tune

Well look like 3.73 it is............ now that u mention highway cruising is fine........but anybody got any estimate on gear installation :dunno:
About $150

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I should be quite a bit over 300 if I can get off my lazy ass and get everything finished. Still have to get my heads done. But I been buying alot of other stuff I don't need that is not even related to cars.

I will be running almost the same setup as you guys except I will be running a lot higher compression.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
I should be quite a bit over 300 if I can get off my lazy ass and get everything finished. Still have to get my heads done. But I been buying alot of other stuff I don't need that is not even related to cars.

I will be running almost the same setup as you guys except I will be running a lot higher compression.
Whats yo Setup Going to Be?????

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
My shortblock is built

Forged flattop pistons, forged h beam rods, stock crank
PI heads will be ported by MMR with their stage 3 port and polish
Cams I have in the garage are the Comp Cams XE274H
Right now will be running the PI intake but eventually will upgrade with Logan intake.
I will be running 12.5:1 compression
Plus the headers and all the BS that goes with that

Got a 4R70W that I am going to rebuild and will be getting 3800-4000 stall converter
Got to rebuild the rear end and step up to 31 spline axles and most likely will be going to 4.10 gears if not 4.30 gears

If I would quit being lazy and get my heads done the motor at least would be in the car now.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
what is up with running a NPI cams in the PI heads? 274 doesn't have the lift as a 270.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
what is up with running a NPI cams in the PI heads? 274 doesn't have the lift as a 270.

Quite simple actually. Economics. I had been planning on running NPI heads. I found an awesome deal on practically brand new cams for 300 bucks.

Knuckles281

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:

well i chose them because comp cams told me I wouldn't have to replace my valve springs if i went with these. turns out, you have to anyway, but I kept the cams because I got them new for about 350 bucks. I was kinda pissed when I found out comp cams sorta lied to me, but w/e, i'll just deal with it

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Well... technically you don't HAVE to. But you will have problems if you try to run your car into the RPM's this cam makes its power in LOL

Knuckles281

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
Well... technically you don't HAVE to. But you will have problems if you try to run your car into the RPM's this cam makes its power in LOL

that's why I said "sorta lied" :)

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I am interested to see what kind of numbers every one is putting down.

Knuckles281

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
I am interested to see what kind of numbers every one is putting down.

it's gonna be funny when I put down like 250.....I'll cry and then cut myself probably :(