Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
Keeping the thread alive people, just keeping it alive :hammer:
Yeah seem like we the only 2 :hammer: but yeah i've ran into a couple of people selling 96-98 parts that in really good shape so i've been taking advantage :thumb: so far i got.......

Long tube Headers ( 350 new out the box )
X-pipe ( 150 new out the box )
Pi intake (100)
Pi installation parts (100 new out the box)
24lb injectors ( 100 )
274h Comp Cams (trying to get for 400) less than 1000 miles on them

Now gotta get some heads, gears, torque converter, and couple more stuff im almost there :banana:....... whats ur progress looking like :noes:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I decided that since gas is getting so expensive, that my high compression 2V is gonna get the 4V treatment instead. So, as soon as I get some space in my buddies shop, I am putting my PI heads and Comp XE274H cams, PI intake on and call it a day for now. I already have my shortblock done for the new motor and with PI heads I would be at 12.5:1 CR. I can run 93 octane with it but with 4V heads my compression will drop to 10.5:1. So sadly, my 2V endeavours are going to be ending soon. Hopefully can get my PI shit installed in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
I decided that since gas is getting so expensive, that my high compression 2V is gonna get the 4V treatment instead. So, as soon as I get some space in my buddies shop, I am putting my PI heads and Comp XE274H cams, PI intake on and call it a day for now. I already have my shortblock done for the new motor and with PI heads I would be at 12.5:1 CR. I can run 93 octane with it but with 4V heads my compression will drop to 10.5:1. So sadly, my 2V endeavours are going to be ending soon. Hopefully can get my PI shit installed in a couple of weeks.
Well at aleast you'll have more room for power gain rather then us 2v guys and good luck on your build........ But I got a question for u guys this guy I know is selling 2 set of pi heads for like 400 dollars one of the heads has a rocker arm missing but other then that I dont think there's nothing with them I was wondering should I buy them freshing em up or whatever use one for now n get the other set ported but idk wanted 2 hear yall opinion first

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
Yeah seem like we the only 2 :hammer: but yeah i've ran into a couple of people selling 96-98 parts that in really good shape so i've been taking advantage :thumb: so far i got.......

Pi intake (100)
24lb injectors ( 100 )

Now gotta get some heads, gears, torque converter, and couple more stuff im almost there :banana:....... whats ur progress looking like :noes:

Yeah, I think we're the last 2. I haven't heard from knukles in some time now. Pretty good prices you've been geting.. CONGRATS. don't want to be a buzz kill or anything, but I got my 274ah cams for 350 NIB+shipped :banana: My progress is almost completed, the fuel line,injectos, throttle/plenum, fan and all wires and hoses is what still needs to be done. Oh, plus the tune.... I'm thinking by Wendsday it will be finished.
On the heads, I would recomend buying a set, get them ported and installed. You could buy the 2 set and put one on, while later you port the other, but I think it would be a waste of time and money. You would have to buy another set of Head Changing Kit for the bolts. So thats my opinion, but you do what U think is best for you :thumb: I did something similar too, I still have a set of slightly ported PI heads sitting around :hammer:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:

Pi intake (100)
24lb injectors ( 100 )

Yeah, I think we're the last 2. I haven't heard from knukles in some time now. Pretty good prices you've been geting.. CONGRATS. don't want to be a buzz kill or anything, but I got my 274ah cams for 350 NIB+shipped :banana: My progress is almost completed, the fuel line,injectos, throttle/plenum, fan and all wires and hoses is what still needs to be done. Oh, plus the tune.... I'm thinking by Wendsday it will be finished.
On the heads, I would recomend buying a set, get them ported and installed. You could buy the 2 set and put one on, while later you port the other, but I think it would be a waste of time and money. You would have to buy another set of Head Changing Kit for the bolts. So thats my opinion, but you do what U think is best for you :thumb: I did something similar too, I still have a set of slightly ported PI heads sitting around :hammer:
Might have to get them cams off yo hands........ which cams are u using now........... and them heads are they and get condition cause might need to get them off yo hands 2 :hammer: but is u getting yo tune wed 2 or what :noes:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:
Well at aleast you'll have more room for power gain rather then us 2v guys and good luck on your build........ But I got a question for u guys this guy I know is selling 2 set of pi heads for like 400 dollars one of the heads has a rocker arm missing but other then that I dont think there's nothing with them I was wondering should I buy them freshing em up or whatever use one for now n get the other set ported but idk wanted 2 hear yall opinion first

Yeah... Shitty thing is, is that I have everything needed to get the 2V done. Just gonna put it on my NPI block and when the time comes sell the NPI motor and put in the new motor. Back to the drawing board I reckon.

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:

Pi intake (100)
24lb injectors ( 100 )

Might have to get them cams off yo hands........ which cams are u using now........... and them heads are they and get condition cause might need to get them off yo hands 2 :hammer: but is u getting yo tune wed 2 or what :noes:
LOL... the cams I installed were the 274ah, the ones I got for $350. The heads are in pretty good shape, they were ported on the exhaust ports to max the air comming out. They are bare, they only have the valve seals, valves and springs.
The tune would be on Wend, I just bought Nidryum Spark pluggs before putting the msd and wires. only thing missing now is to install the fan, msd, wire, spark pluggs, hoses and alternator. So yeah :noes: :noes: its almost done. I'll let you know ASAP + i'll put up some pics for ya :thumb: The engine looks bad ass, it has blue red and aluminum colors.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:

Yeah... Shitty thing is, is that I have everything needed to get the 2V done. Just gonna put it on my NPI block and when the time comes sell the NPI motor and put in the new motor. Back to the drawing board I reckon.
So basically u can have a nice 2v setup you just wanna go the 4v route.........

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:

So basically u can have a nice 2v setup you just wanna go the 4v route instead...........

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:

Pi intake (100)
24lb injectors ( 100 )

LOL... the cams I installed were the 274ah, the ones I got for $350. The heads are in pretty good shape, they were ported on the exhaust ports to max the air comming out. They are bare, they only have the valve seals, valves and springs.
The tune would be on Wend, I just bought Nidryum Spark pluggs before putting the msd and wires. only thing missing now is to install the fan, msd, wire, spark pluggs, hoses and alternator. So yeah :noes: :noes: its almost done. I'll let you know ASAP + i'll put up some pics for ya :thumb: The engine looks bad ass, it has blue red and aluminum colors.
O i thought u were selling the cams :hammer: my bad........... but yeah u gotta get some pics up.......... im getting my headers and h pipe installed tomorrow and my gears in next week by the way getting the long tube headers and h pipe install is like 300 dollars and the gears is 200 so i thought them was pretty good deals so thats that........ o yeah the pi intake was $80

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:

I can have really nice 2V setup. BUT... with the compression I was gonna be running it was gonna be 93 octane or higher. With gas prices the way they are now, there is no way in hell I could afford to drive it. With the 4V heads it actually will lower my compression to around 10.5:1 and make it a lil more friendly on the wallet.

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:

Pi intake (100)
24lb injectors ( 100 )

O i thought u were selling the cams :hammer: my bad........... but yeah u gotta get some pics up.......... im getting my headers and h pipe installed tomorrow and my gears in next week by the way getting the long tube headers and h pipe install is like 300 dollars and the gears is 200 so i thought them was pretty good deals so thats that........ o yeah the pi intake was $80

I'll post some pics tomorow :thumb: Yeah, headers are a little expensive to install. Around here where I live the cheapest was $250 and $200 if it was done with the PI swap. Gears are $150 or $100 with the PI swap too.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:

I can have really nice 2V setup. BUT... with the compression I was gonna be running it was gonna be 93 octane or higher. With gas prices the way they are now, there is no way in hell I could afford to drive it. With the 4V heads it actually will lower my compression to around 10.5:1 and make it a lil more friendly on the wallet.
O ok i understand now yeah paying for 93 octane or higher would be kinda harsh on your wallet :hammer: so what are your plans for your 4v setup or u just havent got to the drawing board for that yet...........

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
IF I keep this car, the 4V setup is gonna be a bit of a beast itself. Ported heads, custom grind cams, yada yada.

I have a guy with a notchback Fox that is interested in trading straight up. He wants a 96-98 GT REALLY bad and his Fox is frakking badass.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
IF I keep this car, the 4V setup is gonna be a bit of a beast itself. Ported heads, custom grind cams, yada yada.

I have a guy with a notchback Fox that is interested in trading straight up. He wants a 96-98 GT REALLY bad and his Fox is frakking badass.
yeah that would be a good setup ESP it being 4v u could easily achieve 300rwhp........ Have u thought about the trade or what......... N How many horses the fox got u know

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:

yeah that would be a good setup ESP it being 4v u could easily achieve 300rwhp........ Have u thought about the trade or what......... N How many horses the fox got u know

Just waiting to hear from the dude with the notch. I am guessing it is around 300-310 to the wheels with the mods the car has done to it. It is setup for nitrous already.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:

Pi intake (100)
24lb injectors ( 100 )

I'll post some pics tomorow :thumb: Yeah, headers are a little expensive to install. Around here where I live the cheapest was $250 and $200 if it was done with the PI swap. Gears are $150 or $100 with the PI swap too.
Ummmm im assuming u was out having to much fun with your car :hammer: is it done yet

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:

Just waiting to hear from the dude with the notch. I am guessing it is around 300-310 to the wheels with the mods the car has done to it. It is setup for nitrous already.
Sound like a pretty bad Fox Body is he running nitrous or its just setup already for nitrous..........

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
The motor was built for nitrous but it doesn't have it hooked up. That's alright though, I have all the nitrous equipment needed. If the deal doesn't happen then when I get the 4V heads for my shortblock I will run nitrous on it. I built the shortblock for nitrous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online