Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
The motor was built for nitrous but it doesn't have it hooked up. That's alright though, I have all the nitrous equipment needed. If the deal doesn't happen then when I get the 4V heads for my shortblock I will run nitrous on it. I built the shortblock for nitrous.
O ok so yo 4v setup is for nitrous i thought u going N/A on that setup.......... This going 2 be your DD or your track star :hammer:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:
The motor was built for nitrous but it doesn't have it hooked up. That's alright though, I have all the nitrous equipment needed. If the deal doesn't happen then when I get the 4V heads for my shortblock I will run nitrous on it. I built the shortblock for nitrous.
O ok so yo 4v setup is for nitrous i thought u going N/A on that setup.......... This going 2 be your DD or your track star :hammer:

Well... The shortblock is setup for nitrous. I was planning on a 2V NA setup with a little nitrous motivation at the track. Only thing different I am going to do is a 4V NA with nitrous motivation at the track.

The car is my daily driver. That's the reason for going to the 4V instead of staying 2V. I really would like to stay with the 2V but I can't justify the increase in gas prices right now. I know I could be in 350HP area with my 2V setup. With the 4V setup I am hoping to be in the 400HP area. I will get the heads ported and go with aftermarket 4V cams.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
98mstanggt said:
jfor441 said:

Well... The shortblock is setup for nitrous. I was planning on a 2V NA setup with a little nitrous motivation at the track. Only thing different I am going to do is a 4V NA with nitrous motivation at the track.

The car is my daily driver. That's the reason for going to the 4V instead of staying 2V. I really would like to stay with the 2V but I can't justify the increase in gas prices right now. I know I could be in 350HP area with my 2V setup. With the 4V setup I am hoping to be in the 400HP area. I will get the heads ported and go with aftermarket 4V cams.
Yeah cause gas is kinda crazy.....but just the sound of 350hp N/A Mustang make me happy not to mention 400hp :)

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
No doubt man! Especially having the nitrous there to motivate even more. I am planning on running a minimum of a 150 shot. So yeah, I will be going kind of fast LOL

Willis_98GT said:
gas in texas has gone up 35 cents in the last 2 weeks. just broke 4$

It's headed that way here too. Close to 4 bucks a gallon for 93 octane. I drive about 200-300 miles a week so you can see how that would add up real quick.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
No doubt man! Especially having the nitrous there to motivate even more. I am planning on running a minimum of a 150 shot. So yeah, I will be going kind of fast LOL

Willis_98GT said:
gas in texas has gone up 35 cents in the last 2 weeks. just broke 4$

It's headed that way here too. Close to 4 bucks a gallon for 93 octane. I drive about 200-300 miles a week so you can see how that would add up real quick.
Yeah i drive alot miles a week too esp after work when im looking for a run :hammer: and gas is high but to me having fun like racing/track is worth it :hammer:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Hell yes it is worth it. I have been thinking of going 4V for a while and gas prices are a good excuse to do it with LOL

But for the time being, I am gonna be putting all my PI shit on my NPI motor with the XE274H cams. Should wake the car up and keep me occupied HP wise for a little while until I start accumulating all the 4V stuff. Hell, a local guy is selling Steg stg4 ported eaton with ported TB and elbow and the injectors needed for that for 1150. I would just have to find me some C heads and front timing cover off of an 03/04 Cobra.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
Hell yes it is worth it. I have been thinking of going 4V for a while and gas prices are a good excuse to do it with LOL

But for the time being, I am gonna be putting all my PI shit on my NPI motor with the XE274H cams. Should wake the car up and keep me occupied HP wise for a little while until I start accumulating all the 4V stuff. Hell, a local guy is selling Steg stg4 ported eaton with ported TB and elbow and the injectors needed for that for 1150. I would just have to find me some C heads and front timing cover off of an 03/04 Cobra.
yeah I agree that 2v setup is good enough till u get your other build done........ Seem like a pretty deal on the blower with elbow, etc are u trying 2 get the blower........ Seem like u got plenty of options between fox body, nitrous setup , 4v, the blower seem like the options is endless ha ha

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Naw... Not gonna go with a blower. At least right now. Just gonna go with a set of B heads from a 4V. Still waiting to hear from dude about the Fox. It is a badass looking ride. If that falls through, no big deal. My car is paid for so I can have fun with it!

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
Naw... Not gonna go with a blower. At least right now. Just gonna go with a set of B heads from a 4V. Still waiting to hear from dude about the Fox. It is a badass looking ride. If that falls through, no big deal. My car is paid for so I can have fun with it!
Yeah that the good thing about having yo car paid for............. Can u get any pics of the Fox up

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Here's the Fox. Now you see why I would like to have it LOL

2003MustangGt001-1.jpg

2003MustangGt002.jpg

2003MustangGt004-1.jpg

2003MustangGt462.jpg

2003MustangGt464.jpg

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
J.R. said:
foxs are slow
Thats a pretty clean fox...............and in speaking of slow the foxs, sn95, and even the new edge are not really fast in stock form but add some bolt ons, exhaust, etc and you'll be up 2 speed plus most likely if u a mustang nut your car isn't stock :hammer:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
my fox is slow, it needs about 225 more horspower and a decent suspension, but its awesome to drive, like a time machine to childhood lol

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
J.R. said:
my fox is slow, it needs about 225 more horspower and a decent suspension, but its awesome to drive, like a time machine to childhood lol
yeah wish I had 225 more horsepower lol........

simplyme0484

Reaction score
My car is down for the count for at least 2 months :crying: :crying:
Got heated and broke something the very same day I got it back form the PI swap.
I'll keep updating on the damages. :nonono:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
Got heated and broke something the very same day I got it back form the PI swap.
Man 2 months :crying:........mine been in the shop for 2 days i've been finna go crazy :hammer: So i dont even wanna think how its going 2 be for u......So im assuming something broke after u got it back for the shop and took her for a Spin????

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:
Man 2 months :crying:........mine been in the shop for 2 days i've been finna go crazy :hammer: So i dont even wanna think how its going 2 be for u......So im assuming something broke after u got it back for the shop and took her for a Spin????

I got it back on Thursday, and while I was taking it home, it started to heat up. I didn't even pass 70mph. Then, on Friday, when i took it back to my friends workshop, while I was almost there, it started 2 heat up again, causing the radiator to break and leak out all the water. It broke something inside because water mixed inside the cylinder head. We just don't know whether its a head gasket on the head itself that bent or broke. That why the 2 months, parts, labor, and more money spending :crying: :crying: :crying: I'll keep you guys posted, good luck with yours man. Check out the radiator and see that it is good. Lots over power and compression broke mine, and you have almost the same set up as mine. Keep that in mind :thumb:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:
simplyme0484 said:

I got it back on Thursday, and while I was taking it home, it started to heat up. I didn't even pass 70mph. Then, on Friday, when i took it back to my friends workshop, while I was almost there, it started 2 heat up again, causing the radiator to break and leak out all the water. It broke something inside because water mixed inside the cylinder head. We just don't know whether its a head gasket on the head itself that bent or broke. That why the 2 months, parts, labor, and more money spending :crying: :crying: :crying: I'll keep you guys posted, good luck with yours man. Check out the radiator and see that it is good. Lots over power and compression broke mine, and you have almost the same set up as mine. Keep that in mind :thumb:
Man thats sucks :crying: i just knew i was finna see some pretty nice numbers posted.......o yeah did u ever get them pics.......I get my car tomorrow around lunch time at least thats what the guy said but i havent got to any serious engine work yet saving that for vegas :hammer: but to make things easy im just going to buy another engine block get it bored, get some pistons ect and go from there but GOOD LUCK on getting that stang back up and running :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online