Help! No crank issue

WillC

Reaction score
So I just put a new engine in my car and when I go to start it I get no crank and the only light I get on the dash is the airbag light. My battery is good and all interior/ exterior lights work. Idk if it’s a wiring problem or not.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Can you give us more info on the car? Auto or manual? Without more info I’d suggest checking all the fuses first.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’d look at the clutch position sensor first to make sure it’s functioning. It could be malfunctioning making the ecu think the clutch isn’t pushed in all the way.

OP
OP
W

WillC

Reaction score
I’d look at the clutch position sensor first to make sure it’s functioning. It could be malfunctioning making the ecu think the clutch isn’t pushed in all the way.
I replaced it 2 days ago and I still get nothing

OP
OP
W

WillC

Reaction score
Also when I try to turn it over it makes a little click noise. I bolted my power strap to the motor mount so idk if that could be the issue or not

07GtS197

Reaction score
If it makes a single click, it could be a drained battery, starter solenoid sticking or even an improperly indexed starter. What are you referring to as the power strap? If it’s the engine ground I think that’s where it goes.

OP
OP
W

WillC

Reaction score
If it makes a single click, it could be a drained battery, starter solenoid sticking or even an improperly indexed starter. What are you referring to as the power strap? If it’s the engine ground I think that’s where it goes.
There’s a red strap connected to the frame and a black one coming off the harness and I have them both bolted on to the motor mount but on separate bolts

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
test the voltage at the starter while cranking. And while you are down there give it a thump with a wrench/hammer/ect.

OP
OP
W

WillC

Reaction score
test the voltage at the starter while cranking. And while you are down there give it a thump with a wrench/hammer/ect.
I’m getting 12.4 volts to the starter so it is getting power

OP
OP
W

WillC

Reaction score
Does it matter what stud I put the positive and negative wires on for the starter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Staff online

Members online