New member and crank no start HELP question

OP
OP
R

RevJon

Reaction score
Sometimes that braided cable needs to be grounded on one end to do what it is supposed to. Does it look like it has become disconnected?
What braided cable are you talking about?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The silver wire wrapped around the harness. The idea is that it absorbs and rejects the interference and being connected to ground it helps.

OP
OP
R

RevJon

Reaction score
The silver wire wrapped around the harness. The idea is that it absorbs and rejects the interference and being connected to ground it helps.
I just left it and wrapped it real good. I figured it was either a ground or something to tie the wires together. Appreciate all your help. Now gotta try and figure out this rod knock before I tear the engine down lol

OP
OP
R

RevJon

Reaction score
Wait now......it might sound like a rod knock but could be something else Ive witnessed it myself!

A friend 99gt fprs breached and plumbed fuel into the intake through the vac line. The crankcase filled up with gas too from all the continuous starting. Not knowing what was wrong of course. We finally figured it out. Long story short
After chaining oil a few times and idle time in-between, the engine knocked. It was an obvious rod knock sound too. After roughly 2hrs idle time and hammering on it driving around a few times spanned over a few weeks the knock vanished. He to this day beats the hell out of that car and it runs just like it always had before. That was roughly 12yrs ago
Wondering if the knock is bad gas? Could that have been the situation for your friend as well? The car has been sitting. So I’m gonna pull the bad gas out today and do an oil change in case there is fuel in the oil (could be the cause of the smoke?). It wasn’t knocking before so I’m wondering if bad gas is the issue.

weendoggy

Reaction score
I just left it and wrapped it real good. I figured it was either a ground or something to tie the wires together. Appreciate all your help. Now gotta try and figure out this rod knock before I tear the engine down lol
That wire is a grounded shield that is already done at the PCM internally so you don't ground it at the sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Staff online

Members online