New member Atlanta Ga. Hi everyone

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
Read some helpful suggestions on here for myself. Car been sitting for about 3 1/2 years. Yup, brakes were seized up, had to replace all rotors and new brake pads of course. Pulled motor transmission drive shaft, just installed motor, put bell housing on about to put transmission in. So my question is does anyone know how the shield is suppose to be mounted exactly? I didn't take note on it before removing, pretty sure connects to passenger side motor mount bracket, where the starter is and it's black and T-shaped. I'm guessing it shields heat from the header for the starter. Thanks for any and all advice on project. 98 mustang 3.8l

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal ! Good Intro post. Probably wouldn’t hurt to also post a thread with your question in the ‘98 V6 section if you don’t get answered here.
Sounds like you know your way around with a wrench, so ++

Cheers!

OP
OP
Sportscargirl

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal ! Good Intro post. Probably wouldn’t hurt to also post a thread with your question in the ‘98 V6 section if you don’t get answered here.
Sounds like you know your way around with a wrench, so ++

Cheers!
Lol thank you

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Read some helpful suggestions on here for myself. Car been sitting for about 3 1/2 years. Yup, brakes were seized up, had to replace all rotors and new brake pads of course. Pulled motor transmission drive shaft, just installed motor, put bell housing on about to put transmission in. So my question is does anyone know how the shield is suppose to be mounted exactly? I didn't take note on it before removing, pretty sure connects to passenger side motor mount bracket, where the starter is and it's black and T-shaped. I'm guessing it shields heat from the header for the starter. Thanks for any and all advice on project. 98 mustang 3.8l
if you could upload a picture it helps us see what it is

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sportscargirl

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly how this bracket is to be mounted on SN95 Mustang. I know I removed it from the passenger side motor mount bracket and should have taken a picture first but you know ....hahaha I did not.

Attachments

• IMG_20240824_193219239.jpg
    IMG_20240824_193219239.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 2

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
by the way is someone there to guide you
or are you doing this yourself
i give you props
it took my girl a while to figure out how to put an engine together
she knows the in out on a 302