New member Atlanta Ga. Hi everyone

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
true
there are some things that your limited to
i get that
but it is good thing to be independent some shops will take advantage of you most places anyways now and days
sorry to say but people can be assholes
just saying

so whats the plan for your ride more upgrades
i dont know if you posted a pic of your car
but you should

OP
OP
Sportscargirl

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
true
there are some things that your limited to
i get that
but it is good thing to be independent some shops will take advantage of you most places anyways now and days
sorry to say but people can be assholes
just saying

so whats the plan for your ride more upgrades
i dont know if you posted a pic of your car
but you should
I just had to order motor mounts and clutch cable kit for it. So working on motor mounts now then clutch cable. I'll throw a picture on here, as it is at the moment. I've put the motor, transmission, driveshaft all back in a long with rotors brake pads etc...My car had been sitting up on jack stands for about 3 years. I suddenly had to take care of my mom then my dad, so I sat my life to the side for them. Anyway, swapping my motor out myself was a goal I had right before I took care of my mom. My dad was a mechanic most of his life and offered to help me as I took care of him, I really wanted to get it done while they were still here to see it but it's ok and it was a blessing to be able to be with both of them every single day for the last chapter of their lives.

OP
OP
Sportscargirl

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
You got that right, about being ripped off, you can't trust anyone, hell it's hard to find people to trust regardless what it is. My own sister treats me like shit and I would do anything for her. (Past tense haha).
Actually a female friend of mine just put her jeep in a shop and man they took her for a ride, charged her $800 and didn't even do all she asked them too, let alone how long it took them to even look at it, as she sat home rideless for weeks, then after she got it back left her broke down had to call tow truck to take it back for them to check the variable timing sensor. Before that she had a mobile mechanic working on it and one day after he left her house she checked her oil and shut the hood and walaa something fell on the ground, I had her send me a picture of it then I went online where I order parts from looking up all sensors to see what it might be and it was only the piece of the part of the variable valve timing control sensor. I thought damn, did he take the part apart then put the outside piece that the bolt mounts to the motor and kept the piece off that goes inside the motor, so that her check engine light would stay on.....WOW. Needless to say when he came back over she showed it to him , said he didnt. Know what it was lol. BUSTED.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sportscargirl

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
You got that right, about being ripped off, you can't trust anyone, hell it's hard to find people to trust regardless what it is. My own sister treats me like shit and I would do anything for her. (Past tense haha).
Actually a female friend of mine just put her jeep in a shop and man they took her for a ride, charged her $800 and didn't even do all she asked them too, let alone how long it took them to even look at it, as she sat home rideless for weeks, then after she got it back left her broke down had to call tow truck to take it back for them to check the variable timing sensor. Before that she had a mobile mechanic working on it and one day after he left her house she checked her oil and shut the hood and walaa something fell on the ground, I had her send me a picture of it then I went online where I order parts from looking up all sensors to see what it might be and it was only the piece of the part of the variable valve timing control sensor. I thought damn, did he take the part apart then put the outside piece that the bolt mounts to the motor and kept the piece off that goes inside the motor, so that her check engine light would stay on.....WOW. Needless to say when he came back over she showed it to him , said he didnt. Know what it was lol. BUSTED.
Sorry bad picture I'll send another tomorrow.
Hey I've got a question I'm wondering if a 1999 mustang bumper (front) will fit my 98 mustang?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I just had to order motor mounts and clutch cable kit for it. So working on motor mounts now then clutch cable. I'll throw a picture on here, as it is at the moment. I've put the motor, transmission, driveshaft all back in a long with rotors brake pads etc...My car had been sitting up on jack stands for about 3 years. I suddenly had to take care of my mom then my dad, so I sat my life to the side for them. Anyway, swapping my motor out myself was a goal I had right before I took care of my mom. My dad was a mechanic most of his life and offered to help me as I took care of him, I really wanted to get it done while they were still here to see it but it's ok and it was a blessing to be able to be with both of them every single day for the last chapter of their lives.
well you took care of them that is all that matters, that is good
things can be put on hold while the important things get taken care of first

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i hate when that happens i had a relative that got took on some engine work
they know zilch about cars
so now he calls me and i walk him through stuff when he cant figure it out

OP
OP
Sportscargirl

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
Doesn't fit
Dang it !! I want to make my car look better in fact I do not like how the front bumper looks even if I had a chin spoiler I still don't like it. I was hoping for a more aggressive looking bumper but idk if one even exists for mine....whaaà

OP
OP
Sportscargirl

Sportscargirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences in body style as far as front bumper fitment, or maybe what years interchange as far as exterior/interior body parts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Members online