What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
Can they re-make the foam? The ass-wings on my stock GT are flattened by the driver door. Leather is in fine shape but the foam has gotten tired.

TMI makes replacement foam for our seats, so its an even easier job that having someone do their best to rebuild.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I guess the guy has enough business to turn away and manage to offend people trying to bring him business. I have seen where they can lay down a layer or two and then cut/sand it into shape to match. It would take a little bit of time but I don't think it is rocket surgery although it would take some special tools and a talent to make it match. I was willing to pay the guy for his time but yea, "katzkinz = kill" I think will be my new MM/drink game from this day on. Anyone mentions katzkinz and suddenly I wake up 3 days later with everything in mayhem and the bottom of my jeans torn off with a full beard from the bearded hulk coming out and can't remember what happened the past 3 days.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
TMI makes replacement foam for our seats, so its an even easier job that having someone do their best to rebuild.
well unfortunately this is in a subaru. The installer said he could find a replacement bottom pad, but not the back to replace

joemomma

Reaction score
In regards to Katzkin, my dad had them installed in his F-150 by some local guys. The leather is much nicer than the factory Ford (which ain't saying much), but they are very nice. I was quite impressed.

weendoggy

Reaction score
I guess the guy has enough business to turn away and manage to offend people trying to bring him business. I have seen where they can lay down a layer or two and then cut/sand it into shape to match. It would take a little bit of time but I don't think it is rocket surgery although it would take some special tools and a talent to make it match. I was willing to pay the guy for his time but yea, "katzkinz = kill" I think will be my new MM/drink game from this day on. Anyone mentions katzkinz and suddenly I wake up 3 days later with everything in mayhem and the bottom of my jeans torn off with a full beard from the bearded hulk coming out and can't remember what happened the past 3 days.
Well, now you know why he has a 20yr old POS banner and the shop name says it all, had to trim some (items, ie: good workers) to stay afloat. :rolleyes:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have never heard a bad thing about katzkin which is why I suggested them.

Talkin shit about his shitty shop and its shitty banner is what really put him over the edge. It was at that point he stormed back out of the shop and got about a foot away to tell me I can't talk to him like that. I thought he was going to throw honestly. I am currently trying to find out if he is an actual dealer because he advertises on his facebook that he is and correct me if I am wrong if he isn't at the least it would be trademark infringement since it is just a big pic of their logo and him saying he is authorized....

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Ordered some new rubber to go round the front indicator light unit as I noticed that it's pretty much all deteriorated away.

Should be here Saturday / Monday.

TMW

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Picked her up and brought her home having had the new water pump fitted.

Sounds so different and they actually found the original was cracked when it was removed.

TMW

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Picked her up and brought her home having had the new water pump fitted.

Sounds so different and they actually found the original was cracked when it was removed.

TMW
Finally, result!! Congrats! Just curious… what sounds different?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Finally, result!! Congrats! Just curious… what sounds different?
Where the old one had a loose bearing there was a slight whine coming from the engine - it had obviously been like it for so long I assume it was part of the "natural" sound.

Now it's replaced and new it sounds "better" - more like an engine should I guess...

Next to wait for the window motor and rubber to arrive so I can get those fitted too.

TMW

b1pig

Reaction score
I have never heard a bad thing about katzkin which is why I suggested them.

Talkin shit about his shitty shop and its shitty banner is what really put him over the edge. It was at that point he stormed back out of the shop and got about a foot away to tell me I can't talk to him like that. I thought he was going to throw honestly. I am currently trying to find out if he is an actual dealer because he advertises on his facebook that he is and correct me if I am wrong if he isn't at the least it would be trademark infringement since it is just a big pic of their logo and him saying he is authorized....
Other options are BBB and Chamber Of Commerce. It might not "do" anything to his business directly, but that is what those to entities are for. No idea if they could have any affect on his "status as a dealer" for Katzkin, but definitely for his hostility. Any business should have a right to deny service to a potential customer. That sort of piss poor conduct, however should be something to warn others about.

b1pig

Reaction score

This is exactly what is done on custom motorcycle seats. The catch is in the experience on which foams/gels to use in what part of the seat pad.

A good upholstery shop can tackle this in short order. Likely they would not warranty the work because not having a good seat cover to fit the foam to might cause a fitment problem.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1. R&R’d the cat-backs with dumps.
2. Finished the plumbing on the oil temp gauge for the new/used gauge bezel I got from Maximum95’s “parting out”.

Attachments

• IMG_1556.jpeg
    IMG_1556.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1585.jpeg
    IMG_1585.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 12

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Washed and polished the GT this morning and took it to warm storage for hibernation until April or so.
Just curious: how much do they charge to warm-store your car in Finland? And is it cheaper than doing the same at home?

Finn

Reaction score
Just curious: how much do they charge to warm-store your car in Finland? And is it cheaper than doing the same at home?
I'm paying 60 euros a month for this warm garage and it is IMO quite cheap.

If I had room in my own garage I would store it at home but unfortunately my two Suzukis, two Harleys, a Triumph and two Vettes seem to take all space. :)

Perhaps I should build an extension.

LAsksi7.jpg

badass98svt

Reaction score
Wow that's under $65/month. That's a great deal.
I used to pay $100/month for 1 bay of a 2 bay garage. They gave me a key to the garage too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whiplash-Smile

Members online