What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Keep in mind rollbars are dangerous as fuck on the street without a proper harness AND helmet.

It’s not that bad . I’ve had one in my old car but I think I remember you saying you got rear ended with one in your car before . I’m just about to have one done in my car again .

badass98svt

Reaction score
It’s not that bad . I’ve had one in my old car but I think I remember you saying you got rear ended with one in your car before . I’m just about to have one done in my car again .

Yup, split my head wide open and I had padding on the cage and my seatbelt on

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I destroyed the diff today, or rather it destroyed itself. I guess we'll see what happened tomorrow maybe. I think maybe it got starved for oil, like somehow there was either a leak or maybe there just wasn't enough gear oil in there. It's weird because I've been driving the car consistently for a week now, and then all of a sudden after only about 5 - 10 miles at not high speed the thing made this catastrophic noise right before it started grinding awfully. Should be interesting once I get a close look at the carnage. Only saw a few droplets of gear oil on the side of the road where I pulled off, right below where the front pinion seal would be. Hopefully it's just the pinion bearing and nothing else.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone ever know a battery to last 15 years? I just replaced the small 12v battery in the prius for the first time and we are the original owners from 08.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I destroyed the diff today, or rather it destroyed itself. I guess we'll see what happened tomorrow maybe. I think maybe it got starved for oil, like somehow there was either a leak or maybe there just wasn't enough gear oil in there. It's weird because I've been driving the car consistently for a week now, and then all of a sudden after only about 5 - 10 miles at not high speed the thing made this catastrophic noise right before it started grinding awfully. Should be interesting once I get a close look at the carnage. Only saw a few droplets of gear oil on the side of the road where I pulled off, right below where the front pinion seal would be. Hopefully it's just the pinion bearing and nothing else.
Dude. That really sucks. I know exactly what pain you are feeling right now.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
anyone ever know a battery to last 15 years? I just replaced the small 12v battery in the prius for the first time and we are the original owners from 08.
When I got my 2002 Mustang 2 years ago it still had the OG battery...which then died like a month later and I replaced it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Do you think the cenpeco oil was too much for a pump to circulate? It seems to want to cling to gears, I’m wondering if it wouldn’t go through the pump correctly.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I got my 2002 Mustang 2 years ago it still had the OG battery...which then died like a month later and I replaced it.
I think I got so use to the desert of phoenix cooking them to where I needed a new battery every 3-4 years max. And it doesn't matter if you get one with a 5 year warranty, they do not honor them in phoenix because they consider it extreme conditions. Dealerships take them out of the cars not only to help prevent theft but because if they sit for just a few months of summer heat they will die.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think I got so use to the desert of phoenix cooking them to where I needed a new battery every 3-4 years max. And it doesn't matter if you get one with a 5 year warranty, they do not honor them in phoenix because they consider it extreme conditions. Dealerships take them out of the cars not only to help prevent theft but because if they sit for just a few months of summer heat they will die.
My car spent 20 years garaged in Wisconsin before being shipped to me in Virginia. So much colder climate.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

Yea I feel you . We get crazy winters and extreme hot summers so 3 years is if I’m lucky

b1pig

Reaction score

I wish you luck....

I had an oddball failure on the front diff of my Jeep many years ago. I once paid a shop to regear my front axle. I had done the rear myself but opted for a shop to do the front. Long story short, the front diff failed catastrophically, damaging the engine block as well.

The shop was closed down and the owner left town when I went to hunt him down. Go figure.... seems like I wasn't the only one who got screwed. So far, the axles I've worked on myself have not failed yet.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I think I can de-speculate that one because the pump was able to fully prime the whole system when the fluid was cold (initial install & fill up). And so warm fluid would be even easier to circulate if anything.

But as of right now (before I even put her up on a rack and inspect) my current speculation is that the fluid level was not high enough to be level with the pinion bearing, and I think this is due to being mislead about the proper level. The Fore billet cover I'm using, along with the necessary upward pinion angle, I think is what may be the culprit. But we'll find out soon enough.

The car is not at the ideal work space right now so I may need to put it up on another flat bed to get it at the best spot (where it's been for the last three years prior to these maiden voyages). But you know.... another day, another mountain. I'm no stranger to surprises at this point, after all this time spent transforming this thing. Thanks, everyone, for the luck and maybe I'll need some of it. But in the end if the diff housing itself it fooked then I'll use that luck to source another core and get it rebuilt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SHDOPNY

Members online