What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yea, I found a place that might be able to help with just that, actually. Is there a huge weight difference between iron and aluminum housings, though? I assume they are identical castings, dimensionally. Or is that not the case? Heh.... case.

There's an ebay f@g listing an OEM diff housing for $2k. Idiot is gonna be sitting on that thing forever at that price. Some people are just d-bags.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea the iron ones heavier but the aluminum ones have been cracking under shock hp levels since 99

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yea, I found a place that might be able to help with just that, actually. Is there a huge weight difference between iron and aluminum housings, though? I assume they are identical castings, dimensionally. Or is that not the case? Heh.... case.

There's an ebay f@g listing an OEM diff housing for $2k. Idiot is gonna be sitting on that thing forever at that price. Some people are just d-bags.
I’ve got both of mine stripped down, I can try to weight them this evening.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Yea the iron ones heavier but the aluminum ones have been cracking under shock hp levels since 99

Iron housing is 29.4lbs
IMG_1023.jpeg
Aluminum is 15.6lbs
IMG_1025.jpeg

There is one race and axle bearings still in the aluminum housing. So it’s probably right at 15lbs.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
How are you doing after weighing yourself? Are you ok? We're all here for you. This is a safe space.
It’s going to be tough tonight, and I’ll probably drown my sorrows in liquor.

It’s tough being fat and not knowing it. But now that I know it, it’s even more difficult.

No wonder my car is slow…..

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s going to be tough tonight, and I’ll probably drown my sorrows in liquor.

It’s tough being fat and not knowing it. But now that I know it, it’s even more difficult.

No wonder my car is slow…..
Every 20lbs lost is like adding 5whp. It's good motivation lol

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Well im setback for a while.
dealing with stuff at work timeline stuff or deadline.
and now i have jury duty for a whole fucking month coming up .
and after that the windy season dirt and all
april is probably going to be the time i put this engine together.
just bad timing

weendoggy

Reaction score
Not much to do on my car except drive a few more times. However, my buddy had an issue with his T5Z and asked me to fix it...

20231207_125118.jpg 20231207_150218.jpg

Wiped out third gear, main cluster gear set and input shaft! Said he just shifted normally and it made a clunk sound, but only in third. o_O

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I've been seeing talk lately of these iron T-bird style IRS diff housings. Anyone got any lead on where they can be bought? I tried Grannas Racing but never got a reply back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SHDOPNY

Members online