What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well for the first time in a while I can say I actually worked on the car. After cleaning the garage and finding all my 10mm sockets I decided to get under the car to confirm that I had buttoned everything up under there. It has been so long since I have been under there that I forgot how much time I spent making sure that all the wiring was covered with heat/fire resistant covering and hard mounted ever foot or so. I was happy to see that there didn't seem to be anything I missed as for wiring but then as I was rolling back out I noticed a small burn hole in one of the airlines for the drivers front airbag. After cleaning the garage I found some of the extra 1/4" line I had left over and reran it. It was easier than I thought as I just taped the new line to the old line and then pulled it right back through the same hangers/mounts and then connected to the controller. I also spent some time looking at where I am moving my ecu to for easier access but after an 90 mins in the heat with the last 30 mins spent bending over the air ride controller, my lower back problems hate that so I was done till tomorrow.
IMG_20240713_112000035_HDR.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
well for the first time in a while I can say I actually worked on the car. After cleaning the garage and finding all my 10mm sockets I decided to get under the car to confirm that I had buttoned everything up under there. It has been so long since I have been under there that I forgot how much time I spent making sure that all the wiring was covered with heat/fire resistant covering and hard mounted ever foot or so. I was happy to see that there didn't seem to be anything I missed as for wiring but then as I was rolling back out I noticed a small burn hole in one of the airlines for the drivers front airbag. After cleaning the garage I found some of the extra 1/4" line I had left over and reran it. It was easier than I thought as I just taped the new line to the old line and then pulled it right back through the same hangers/mounts and then connected to the controller. I also spent some time looking at where I am moving my ecu to for easier access but after an 90 mins in the heat with the last 30 mins spent bending over the air ride controller, my lower back problems hate that so I was done till tomorrow.
View attachment 36372
Why do you need access to the computer? I understand the thought process, but once my install was finished, I daily drove the car for a couple years and never had to touch the Holley, just the tune cable.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cleaned up again last night with some Quick Detail, Spray Wax and VRT then took it to the Dulles Cars and Coffee this morning. Here she is as well as some other SN95s we saw today.

View attachment 36397
View attachment 36398
View attachment 36399
View attachment 36400
View attachment 36401
View attachment 36402
Nice rides. Went to our local cars and coffee yesterday. Zero sn95s. Makes me even more want to get back into one. There are barely any running around this area and if you do see one it is trashed and clapped out

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t do squat with the car, but the truck got wash/wax/full detail + Berryman’s 4-step. I’m a fan of their system. Has helped before as it cleans MAF, injectors and valves. You know it’s working when all the crap blows out (white smoke in PS mirror!) and the motor not only purrs but has that no hesitation get up and go again. Pedal Commander helps, too ;-)

Coils & plugs arrived today. Install tomorrow.

It’s tomorrow! Took me 3 hours (!) to R&R the coils, gap and install spark plugs. And that’s just the passenger side. Freakin’ back ones are a SOB to get to :-(IMG_2509.jpeg
But first a little breather/give the ol’ back a rest.

And a mere 7 hours in total and it’s done! Picture of the old plugs shows they were in pretty good shape after 80k. Good news from where I sit .

Attachments

• IMG_2503.jpeg
    IMG_2503.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2486.jpeg
    IMG_2486.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2510.jpeg
    IMG_2510.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why do you need access to the computer? I understand the thought process, but once my install was finished, I daily drove the car for a couple years and never had to touch the Holley, just the tune cable.
just in case I have to get into troubleshooting I know a hard to get to area just makes things 10x harder. Originally I was going to use the airbag spot for the airbag till I discovered that the frame of the dash supports the bag bolts to was bent enough when the last one went off that a new one will not fit. I would have put it there to begin with if I had known at the time.

There is a small piece of the dash support that is going to make it stick out a little too far that I decided to trim off. I was going to use my dremel and cutting wheel today to take it off but the dremel died on me. I would have just ran to home depot to get another if it were not prime day and they were $20 off on there. So I am waiting for it to arrive to finish that part.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
just in case I have to get into troubleshooting I know a hard to get to area just makes things 10x harder. Originally I was going to use the airbag spot for the airbag till I discovered that the frame of the dash supports the bag bolts to was bent enough when the last one went off that a new one will not fit. I would have put it there to begin with if I had known at the time.

There is a small piece of the dash support that is going to make it stick out a little too far that I decided to trim off. I was going to use my dremel and cutting wheel today to take it off but the dremel died on me. I would have just ran to home depot to get another if it were not prime day and they were $20 off on there. So I am waiting for it to arrive to finish that part.
That’s the same spot I put mine. Had a plate set in there and bolted to the dash, then the computer mounted to it. I thought you already had the computer mounted up there?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
white has his there in a similar mount, I put mine originally just below it in the glove box. I had white send some pics of his mount and my dash has a metal mount in the back(extra piece) that I need to cut out to gain the last 1/2" of space.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got it registered as historic vehicle and got the Austrian licence plate. Now the cruising can begin!! :)
Wow, that’s a milestone step. Congratulations!! Please post pics with them on. Where’s your first destination/ride going to take you.?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well I made plans for it today as the weather was nice but instead I decided to swap those for a trip for the ER. Thankfully it is not for me but that is not to say I am happy dads A-fib/heart stuff is flaring up. Somehow I knew something else would come up...

GTamas

Reaction score
Wow, that’s a milestone step. Congratulations!! Please post pics with them on. Where’s your first destination/ride going to take you.?
Thanks! First drives will just be just around the city, then on Tuesday I bring it to the shop to pit back the repaired stock mufflers. Then the first bigger trip will be to Hungary for a lakeside long weekend with my buddies. I will post some pics in the car's thread next week.

By the way, it's the first official oldtimer SN95 in Austria :)

GTamas

Reaction score
Well I made plans for it today as the weather was nice but instead I decided to swap those for a trip for the ER. Thankfully it is not for me but that is not to say I am happy dads A-fib/heart stuff is flaring up. Somehow I knew something else would come up...
I wish him a quick recovery!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sending good thoughts for dad….

GTamas

Reaction score
Went to a shop to check the air conditioning because the compressor was short-cycling. Turned out that half of the refrigerant was missing. Got it evacuated and filled up to specs. Before filling up, a vacuum leak test was made, system is tight Now it runs smoothly and cools better.
20240725_154323.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online