What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I charged the ac in the 15 gt. I noticed it wasn’t working that well when the ambient temps are above 85*. Even though the low side was good the high side was very high. I adjusted the pressure and now it works pretty well. Ambient temp of 95* and it got down to the upper 40s out the vents. Not bad.
Result! Well done, I’d say!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the heat shields on the new mufflers. They will be pit under the car on Tuesday next week. After that I hope to have solved all the vacuum and exhaust leaks.
View attachment 36019
Can’t say I’ve ever seen those on our cars, but it looks like you did a great job. Are those simply screwed right into the muffler casing? Keep us posted if your issues get resolved with this. Cheers!

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Not today but recently repainted the rear bumper fog light as I blasted the original paint off it at the jet wash a couple of months ago. Oops...

Tried lens tape first but it looked naff. Much better now...

IMG_20240623_180601816_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240623_180612027.jpg

TMW

Last edited:

GTamas

Reaction score
Can’t say I’ve ever seen those on our cars, but it looks like you did a great job. Are those simply screwed right into the muffler casing? Keep us posted if your issues get resolved with this. Cheers!
The shields are strapped on the mufflers. The screws you see are just fixing the two shield sheets together because it is a universal part and you can adjust the length.
I bought them because the stock mufflers have shields on them, too.

badass98svt

Reaction score
The shields are strapped on the mufflers. The screws you see are just fixing the two shield sheets together because it is a universal part and you can adjust the length.
I bought them because the stock mufflers have shields on them, too.

Do you need them to pass inspection?

badass98svt

Reaction score
No, I just thought there must be some reason why the engineers designed the stock mufflers with heat shields on them:
View attachment 36056

Same reason they designed the car with ample tire/fender gap so it could run tire chains.
For "the people".
But in reality you don't really need those heat shields. They just end up rattling down the road anyway.

GTamas

Reaction score
Same reason they designed the car with ample tire/fender gap so it could run tire chains.
For "the people".
But in reality you don't really need those heat shields. They just end up rattling down the road anyway.
Might be, but if they start rattling, or rusting I will have an excuse to change them to some Flowmasters. :)
For now I needed stock replacement style due to sound levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SomebodyFaceless

Members online