Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

badass98svt

Reaction score
S281 flush mount rear spoiler just arrived. Looks good. Just one minor blemish that looks like it can be buffed out of existence! Foam securely and accurately placed. The 4 rather chunky heads on the screws seem like they might not bury flush enough. I’m sure I’m wrong but test fit will be the tell.

Well, the test fit was a nightmare. None of the original holes line up in a way to make the spoiler set and align correctly. Even tried to remove the trunk lid to work on it on the bench, but couldn’t get the double-thick wire loom pulled through. Got too frustrated and pissed off, so tomorrow all the wiring gets buttoned back up and I’ll just work on it on the car. Fuggit. There will be visible holes to fill unless I put the original back on.

I've never seen one where the spoiler doesn't cover the original holes. Not all brands use the original holes, but they always at least cover them when installed.
Also, those dont look like machine screws.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen one where the spoiler doesn't cover the original holes. Not all brands use the original holes, but they always at least cover them when installed.
Also, those dont look like machine screws.
I know. Disappointing

07GtS197

Reaction score
I finally installed the tail light covers on my 15 that have been laying around for months. Took a before and after. Don’t mind the lack of exhaust tips and holes in the bumper. It’s a long story.
IMG_0484.jpegIMG_0485.jpeg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that sucks. They either drop right in and fit nice or they don't and you can either hope they exchange it or that you can make it work.
I was able to make it work but the design of the new one left a hole on each side exposed :-(

95opal

Reaction score
S281 flush mount rear spoiler just arrived. Looks good. Just one minor blemish that looks like it can be buffed out of existence! Foam securely and accurately placed. The 4 rather chunky heads on the screws seem like they might not bury flush enough. I’m sure I’m wrong but test fit will be the tell.

Well, the test fit was a nightmare. None of the original holes line up in a way to make the spoiler set and align correctly. Even tried to remove the trunk lid to work on it on the bench, but couldn’t get the double-thick wire loom pulled through. Got too frustrated and pissed off, so tomorrow all the wiring gets buttoned back up and I’ll just work on it on the car. Fuggit. There will be visible holes to fill unless I put the original back on.
Use studs in the spoiler instead of those sheet metal screws.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Use studs in the spoiler instead of those sheet metal screws.
Thought of that because the OE spoiler has studs. Went to the hardware store to get a rod (to cut into four 1 1/2” lengths but the didn’t have anything that’d work that would have matching nuts.
I eventually did get it mounted and I was put silicone water proofing heavy around the base of each washer and the screw itself. Isn’t pretty but no one will see it and it serves the purpose. I ended up using a dab of red paint on the screws to mark the drill points. Step drill to size, touch-up paint for rust prevention then the 1-man balancing act to line up the holes and get that first screw started. Used many a towel and bunch of blue tape to hold in place and protect from scratches. Worked! :)
On the upside… I am happy with the fitment. I’ve got it situated flush with the vertical plane of the trunk and it sets pretty darn flush for an aftermarket piece.
On the downside: I have 2 OE holes exposed that will need a trip to the body/paint shop to make right. Maybe I’ll ask “my guy” to do that + paint the hood, roof , mirror and trunk. Basically all the upward-facing panels that take the most beating. He’s recently done my front bumper so good there and the sides are in good shape (just need a buff & polish to bring them to match).

If he gives me the usual VERY FAIR CASH PRICE ;-) I will do this instead of the other options (full respray; wrap)

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
If you're gonna give away the wheels on the front of the car in that pic, you can donate them to me no problem. I'll make sure they find a home on some lucky bloke's stang.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Installed S281 spolier. Lined it up best I could working alone. Front pass side jacked up: removing one by one for thorough cleaning.

Picture also of exposed holes which will have to be filled and painted. Considering asking “my guy” at the body shop to run a bead of caulk(?), panel filler (condo?) along the bottom to absolutely prevent water underneath. I don’t have much confidence in that thin line of foam the spoiler came with!

Attachments

• IMG_2722.jpeg
    IMG_2722.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 10

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
something is really different with that spoiler if it doesn't use the stock holes at all. Mine dropped right in which is what I thought they were made to do.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If you're gonna give away the wheels on the front of the car in that pic, you can donate them to me no problem. I'll make sure they find a home on some lucky bloke's stang.
It’s not every day you come across a set of authentic FR500’s.

They are actually going to @white95

I’m not sure we’d like the shipping from Mississippi to Germany either.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Installed S281 spolier. Lined it up best I could working alone. Front pass side jacked up: removing one by one for thorough cleaning.

Picture also of exposed holes which will have to be filled and painted. Considering asking “my guy” at the body shop to run a bead of caulk(?), panel filler (condo?) along the bottom to absolutely prevent water underneath. I don’t have much confidence in that thin line of foam the spoiler came with!

Many people use the black push fasteners (like used for the kick panel, and pieces in the trunk)
Pust some silicone around the hole and pop the fastener in the hole. That should take care if it until you get it fixed. Bonus: Your car is black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Members online