What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Installed window-mounted antenna (thx, ttocs!) and completed a “proper” installation of the headlights, now that I finally have all the correct brackets, etc. Just have to adjust/aim them some night.
IMG_1534.jpeg

Last edited:

TRS666

Reaction score
Swedish yearly inspection with clean paper. Last year the e-brake was borderline weak so winded in and pumped our rear caliber pistions a couple of times, well over acceptable level on their brake dyno now. Now to garage waiting for spring 2024!

Last edited:

b1pig

Reaction score
Installed window-mounted antenna (thx, ttocs!) and completed a “proper” installation of the headlights, now that I finally have all the correct brackets, etc. Just have to adjust/aim them some night.
View attachment 28921
Source on that antenna, please. I have a hole in my fender...

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Took it to have the replacement water pump fitted.

Hopefully get it back again later today.

TMW
Ok, so as usual there's a slight problem.

I guess it must be a USA thing, but they don't have a Pulley Puller to get the Power Steering pulley off to get to the bracket behind it that goes onto the water pump. They have contacted some other garages around but again nothing.

So I've found a kit on Amazon and ordered, arriving Saturday. So no car back today...

TMW

ctandc

Reaction score
Got some time yesterday after work to get in the shop.

front susp8.jpeg

New BMR spring with OEM isolators.

front susp9.jpeg

LH side. Got the new sway bar bushing installed. Got the new rack bushings in place. Control installed, spring installed, new end link, new strut, spindle back on etc. Hope to wrap it up later tonight - if not at least by Fri morning. Then on to the rear and get the new shocks and springs in place.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s both on Amazon;
View attachment 28924
b1pig,
Hope you still have the base of the antenna. The shorty just screws in in place of the stick antenna. If not, you’re going to have to do a ttocS and weld up the hole, grind, sand and paint. Lotta work, but a much cleaner end result. Me? I can live with Mr. Stubby ;-)

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so as usual there's a slight problem.

I guess it must be a USA thing, but they don't have a Pulley Puller to get the Power Steering pulley off to get to the bracket behind it that goes onto the water pump. They have contacted some other garages around but again nothing.

So I've found a kit on Amazon and ordered, arriving Saturday. So no car back today...

TMW
Keep us posted! At least you have it sourced. Result will come. Don’t get discouraged, very few (if any) of these little speed bumps with our cars ever go off without a hitch! That’s proof that we love ‘em… we look after them no matter what!
Cheers!

b1pig

Reaction score
b1pig,
Hope you still have the base of the antenna. The shorty just screws in in place of the stick antenna. If not, you’re going to have to do a ttocS and weld up the hole, grind, sand and paint. Lotta work, but a much cleaner end result. Me? I can live with Mr. Stubby ;-)
No. The lower cable was damaged inside the fender when I got the car. I've had the parts added up to do a full replacement, but comparing the cost, I'd rather just go with the glass mount antenna and find one of those blanking plates to cover the hole up. I really need to get a good car cover for my car, so keeping the antenna off the fender will make that less fussy.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No. The lower cable was damaged inside the fender when I got the car. I've had the parts added up to do a full replacement, but comparing the cost, I'd rather just go with the glass mount antenna and find one of those blanking plates to cover the hole up. I really need to get a good car cover for my car, so keeping the antenna off the fender will make that less fussy.
Car cover fitment was the primary motivator for me, too! If you’re unable to get a plug, couldn’t you just put the base of a stock antenna in to cover the hole then screw the stubby on in place of the stick? The base doesn’t have to be wired to the radio, just the new glass-mounted.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Shortened more harness (3' of coiled up MAF) and put a new plug tailored to my build. Much nicer and cleaner, at least in my mind. Engine fired up fine, no oil leaks, so all is good. Waiting for bumper to be finished so I can take it for a ride.

maf_plug-1.jpg

maf_plug-2.jpg

b1pig

Reaction score
Car cover fitment was the primary motivator for me, too! If you’re unable to get a plug, couldn’t you just put the base of a stock antenna in to cover the hole then screw the stubby on in place of the stick? The base doesn’t have to be wired to the radio, just the new glass-mounted.

Yea. You could. But the issue becomes affixing the assembly to the fender. You've have to buy a base, a trim cover and some sort of antenna or stubby to go onto it. Mine has a damaged base, the "could" be screwed to the fender, but I'm not going to bother with it.

Some time ago, I saw someone was making a beautifully cut and anodized aluminum cover for the SN95, but I can't find it now. Just the plain plastic one. They're out there.

Cheap antenna is $20 with a $20 cover. Thats still cheaper than ONE half of the antenna if you want it stock.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gave it a wersch! Pressure washer and all. Finished just in time for the damn Santa Ana Winds to ramp up and blow dirt and dust across the driveway. Son of a motherless goat!! As evidenced by the layer of dirt/dust on my truck next to it :-(

At least it’s clean underneath that thin layer of dust!
LOL

IMG_0980.jpeg

Last edited:

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Keep us posted! At least you have it sourced. Result will come. Don’t get discouraged, very few (if any) of these little speed bumps with our cars ever go off without a hitch! That’s proof that we love ‘em… we look after them no matter what!
Cheers!
Keeping you posted!

So, good news - the pulley removal tool arrived today so we can get this started.

Well, not quite. They sent the wrong product ffs. I received a slotted socket set. Nothing like it...

So that's going back and I've ordered the set from another source - should be here Monday.

Why does nothing ever go as planned? Ever...

Frustration is I need all working for the 19th as I've got a road-trip planned for it.

TMW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online